Trusted Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Coming to QVC

@Bri36 wrote:

Celebrity home lines really don't do that well on QVC. 

That must be why QVC keeps bringing celebrity home lines to the network.  

Valued Contributor

The problem with celebrity brands, imho, is that they are more expensive right off, bcz of the name. No different really that buying a designer brand, at least, not anymore. Certain brands used to stand for quality, now they just cut corners and people still buy bcz of the name. Vera Bradley comes to mind...cotton bags that were made in the US, cute, but nothing special. They were pricey bcz they were made in the US...now they are made in china...but still sell for the same $$. There are upteen no name brands that look the same, but are cheaper....people still buy VB.

My guess is, this will just be another line of junk made in China with a celebrity's logo on it.

We really don't need more of that.

Respected Contributor

If this line follows the history of many other celebrity lines, it will be 'here today, gone tomorrow.'

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Thing I like about Catherine is she always looks like a star. Old time Hollywood elegance. Sadly missing in today's crop.

Felt bad for her when Michael was going thru his cancer treatments.

She deserves happiness.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see what a Welsh bath towel looks like. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

If this replaces the ED line, I'll be happy. That ED line is just random trash. 

Respected Contributor

I wonder how she will differentiate herself between other home lines. I will check it out but I am not in the market for linens or towels etc. I can get those at Home Goods from designers at a fraction of the prices of retail. 

Trusted Contributor

They (Michael and Catherine) are apparently not working as much as previously and need to do something to maintain their lavish life style.

I don't know how much this endeavor is going to help them, but lots of celebrities have tried.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

The "problem" with buying from a celebrity line, IMO, is that it feeds into the whole celebrity worship culture.  Plus, if Catherine Brown/Smith/Green wanted to have a line, she can't because she doesn't have the money to start one. But Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is already rich, can.  That bothers me.  My opinion only.

@Peaches McPhee . I totally agree with you!  

What makes her qualify any more than your typical interior designer?...money, connections and the fact that she's a beautiful celebrity.  

I also feel that our culture worships celebs way too much!

Esteemed Contributor

ohhhh,give me a break!!!!        Smiley Sad