Honored Contributor

Casa Zeta-Jones or Northern Nights Down Blanket?

I ordered the recent TSV from Northern Nights H211140. It came a few days ago, but I haven't put it on the bed yet. Now I see this one by Casa Zeta-Jones H213410, and it looks really nice too!

Has anyone had experience with both brands? I know it's hard, but maybe some of you pre-ordered the Casa Zeta-Jones one and also have a Northern Nights down blanket already! (I'm not concerned with one being revesible and the other not; I'm concerned about quality!)  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Casa Zeta-Jones or Northern Nights Down Blanket?

I wonder who makes the line for Casa? 

Honored Contributor

The NN blanket has the higher thread count, important to keep feathers from coming out, and has more down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I really wish QVC would stop with the 'imported' line in their product description and tell us WHERE it is imported from.

Textiles from Portugal will make a sale to me. Textiles from China will not.

Not knowing where they come from, I usually just pass.

You would think they would know that listing Portugal in the description would be an asset to selling.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way about not listing what country it comes from.

And I'm sure it is not listed because it is imported from China.

I won't buy most things from there either, if I can help it, or don't have to have something.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm sure QVC recognizes the difference in sales if they were to list the actual country of origin.....as they used to.

Respected Contributor

I cant speak for the Catherine Zeta Jones line, but I love the NN blankets.  I have probably bought 10-15 over the years.  I have them on all our beds and have given them as gifts over the years as well.  They wear well, are very warm and wash well.  They are by far my favorite blanket.  Just the correct fill for us and the thread count is very comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

NN is the Q's brand. At one time it was all made by Pacific Coast Feather Co. Good quality product but I doubt this is their current mfg. Remember "hyperclean" down & feathers?

I passed on the TSV as I figured that was not only MIC, no one could answer what the other 20% of the fill was.

I'm replacing blankets this winter and came up with several blanket mfg's in the USA that I'll consider.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

NN is the Q's brand. At one time it was all made by Pacific Coast Feather Co. Good quality product but I doubt this is their current mfg. Remember "hyperclean" down & feathers?

I passed on the TSV as I figured that was not only MIC, no one could answer what the other 20% of the fill was.

I'm replacing blankets this winter and came up with several blanket mfg's in the USA that I'll consider.

@Snowpuppy wrote:

All I can say is my second NN down blanket (bought a few years ago) is not the good quality that my first NN down blanket was.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm sure QVC recognizes the difference in sales if they were to list the actual country of origin.....as they used to.

The country of origin makes absolutely no difference to me.  China is good, so is everyone else as long as they make a quality product.  All countries have good manufacturers and bad, just like the US.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment