Trusted Contributor

Candle pricing makes no sense

You can get the new candle for $24, or you can get the same candle "as is" for $27.  🤔

1000000371.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Candle pricing makes no sense

@LdyBugz   I've noticed this on a number of items lately...makes no sense. Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee As they say, "Buyer beware"!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easy explanation.  The as is set has a different sku number and they haven't gotten to mark down yet.  

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz It is a little strange, isn't it?

Trusted Contributor

@Tori3569   I'll accept that explanation.  I just hope shoppers really check the pricing on "as-is" and clearance items as the item might be available as new, and at a lower price.  

Esteemed Contributor

The difference in price could also be due to scent, popularity and inventory.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz I found the perfect rose scented candle on Amazon for a good price. I love their selection.

Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Tori3569   I'll accept that explanation.  I just hope shoppers really check the pricing on "as-is" and clearance items as the item might be available as new, and at a lower price.  

I would expect everyone does that everywhere they shop.  QVC is not the only retailer that changes skus on damaged or otherwise no longer new merchandise.  

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Do tell!  What brand did you purchase?  I've never thought about Amazon for candles.

I have a friend that lives in another state that is going in for surgery at the end of the month, and she's very stressed out now about it all.  I was thinking I would send her a little something now to help keep her spirits up, maybe a "calming" scented candle.