Respected Contributor

Re: Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

@house_cat   I put my spare change {no pennies allowed} in my used candle jars. When my neighbor's son comes home on breaks from college, I give him a jar which is usually full. It is a pain free way for me to be able to give him something which he is happy to receive. He told me those coins have saved him more than a few times. This is his last year. I will have to find another worthy young person to continue my tradition.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful, thoughtful practice, @Tique!

Respected Contributor

I stated working on this one right after Thanksgiving.

100_0717.JPG

Honored Contributor

Years ago I bought several of these soy candles by Kathy Ireland. The jars are nice and I saved a few of them for spice and Parmesan cheese shakers. I still have a few of the candles that I have not yet burned. I think she stopped making them. They smelled so good and burned for a very long time.

82875832f7cc588ced433717ec404cd8.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

that would be great if more candle companies made their jars easily usable again. love that idea.

“Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” ―Washington Irving
Trusted Contributor

I clean out the residue and put them in my recycling bin.

Honored Contributor

I love love love candles, and always have them lit as well,especially in the Fall/Winter months.....I used to try to keep some of the jars, and do cutesy things with them, but I have way too many, so I did just recycle them.....Once in a great while if the jar is super pretty, I may hang onto it and try to do something creative with it, but most often they are recycled.....

60 YRS OLD, MED GOLDEN BROWN HAIR, MED TAN SKINTONE.......
Respected Contributor

No glass recycling here so I treat them like a pickle jar- into the trash. I can only save so many.

Super Contributor

I clean them up - put in the freezer to clean out the wax - then donate them in my donation pile. I have kept a few for cotton balls in the guest bathrooms. So easy to clean up. 

Honored Contributor

I never buy candles in jars.  However, depending on the jar, you could turn into a sparkly candy dish with ribbon, sequins and other deccos.  Or you could plant greenery in it.