Honored Contributor

Re: Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

@house_cat   I put my spare change {no pennies allowed} in my used candle jars. When my neighbor's son comes home on breaks from college, I give him a jar which is usually full. It is a pain free way for me to be able to give him something which he is happy to receive. He told me those coins have saved him more than a few times. This is his last year. I will have to find another worthy young person to continue my tradition.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful, thoughtful practice, @Tique!

Honored Contributor

I stated working on this one right after Thanksgiving.

100_0717.JPG

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Years ago I bought several of these soy candles by Kathy Ireland. The jars are nice and I saved a few of them for spice and Parmesan cheese shakers. I still have a few of the candles that I have not yet burned. I think she stopped making them. They smelled so good and burned for a very long time.

82875832f7cc588ced433717ec404cd8.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

that would be great if more candle companies made their jars easily usable again. love that idea.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I clean out the residue and put them in my recycling bin.

Honored Contributor

I love love love candles, and always have them lit as well,especially in the Fall/Winter months.....I used to try to keep some of the jars, and do cutesy things with them, but I have way too many, so I did just recycle them.....Once in a great while if the jar is super pretty, I may hang onto it and try to do something creative with it, but most often they are recycled.....

Respected Contributor

No glass recycling here so I treat them like a pickle jar- into the trash. I can only save so many.

Valued Contributor

I clean them up - put in the freezer to clean out the wax - then donate them in my donation pile. I have kept a few for cotton balls in the guest bathrooms. So easy to clean up. 

Honored Contributor

I never buy candles in jars.  However, depending on the jar, you could turn into a sparkly candy dish with ribbon, sequins and other deccos.  Or you could plant greenery in it.  

kindness is strength