Honored Contributor

Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

I love candles!

When I'm at home, there's always a candle or two burning.  I think the expense is worth it, considering how delightful they make my house smell.

What I don't like is the waste when they're burned down.

What do you do with the jars?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

Recycling.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@house_cat-

Such a good question!

Well, if they are pretty or unusual and I can use them for a tea light or something else, I'll keep (but being very selective).

If they are just ordinary and not attractive on their own, I throw out.

If they are nice but I don't want to keep, I donate to Goodwill near us.

And considering the "purging thread," I do go through them every once in awhile and sort like aboveSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I place battery operated candles inside which have a timer .

On the outside my friend glued some clear rhinestones so it looks snazzy and sparkles when the light hits them, and the candle is turned on.

I placed them in my livingroom wall unit, and everyone remarks how lovely they look either on or off.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nest ,glass candle jars are so beautiful it is hard to throw them away.

Actually they are drink glasses ,I think, but I have no use for them. I have accumulated a very nice set......lol

Nest,oil diffusers also are beautiful and I have many of them. They match the glasses................lol

I am gonna have to start throwing them away ..........lol

Esteemed Contributor

I use quite a few of them in the bathrooms to hold cottbn balls, q tips, cosmetic pads, bath fizzies, etc. I have a couple on my vanity to hold tweezers, tiny parts to trimmerers, lipsticks, etc. I use a couple for some office supplies on my desk. I like them because you can see what you have in them. I used baskets for most of these same items but since I have the glass jars I find that it just saves a bit more time to find what you' need. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I usually don't buy jarred candles for that reason.  Libbey glass makes great votive holders up to 6" for dirt cheap. I usually burn Root candles.

Hat Creek candles in WI makes specialty jarred candles with personalized lids that are adorable keepsakes.

Esteemed Contributor

Trash/recycle.  I burn lots and there is no way I could keep them all.  I've got three going right now.  You should see my stash!  Heck yeah they are worth the expense!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Great question @house_cat.

If they are nothing special, I store my small votives in them in my cabinet.

If they are nicer I keep them for little things like tea bags, or Keurig pods for storage.

Valued Contributor

I've kept a few for use around the house (bathroom, office, etc). The really nice heavy ones I keep and the rest go to the recycling bucket.