Regular Contributor

I agree!  I also have several sets from years ago and they are very nice.  Some have scroll work and I have them in white and beige and red for holidays.  I have given some as gifts and were well received.  I love them in the bathroom as a night light at night,  love the soft glow.

Respected Contributor

I have two of the candle impressions that I placed in a hanging lantern on my front and back porches and they have worked great for several years. Love these candles.

Honored Contributor

Love CI.  I have more than I will admit to.  😎  I have earlier ones that are heavy wax, but they have discolored.  The newer versions are very light, but they aren't wax.  I also have many luminara.  Haven't had any die. I use them both throughout the house.  You can find sets of CI occasionally on Zulily.

Honored Contributor

I have several green scented and ivory scented Candle Impressions candles that I purchased around 2007 or before that work perfectly and are still in my rotation. Now that's a good flameless candle.

Valued Contributor

I agree. CI has gone downhill, but the battery life of my old CI's far exceed the Luminara candles I have. I like both for different reasons. I recently bought a gorgeous CI embossed ivory pillar from Ebay, it's a huge chunk of a thing! Love it! And the batteries last!

Honored Contributor

They have the older versions of CI at Bed,Bath, & Beyond and also on Ebay!  

I agree CI were well made, nice designs, great battery life! I think they succombed to new designs by other flameless candle manufacturers....But at least the CI Mirage band is so much cheaper and better quality than Luminara

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I think I  have a new favorite moving flame style candle, and that is Candle Impressions Mirage Gold line.   I have two of their Mirage candles, not the Gold improved version, but I don't like their flicker all that much.

I have Luminaras, I have Solares (now also known as Simplux), and I have Bethlehem Lights Touch candles (the original ones now on clearance, not their latest version, which seems to be exactly like Luminara).   I like them all, but I like and dislike various aspects of each.

Amazon has a Mirage Gold Cream Wax Pillar with Timer for just over $12 each, so I ordered and received two of them last week.  I wanted them for some wall sconces.  They are just 3" diameter, not 3.5, so they fit standard holders.  

The Mirage Gold I received are sold as Sterno Home, whoever that is, but the box is clearly labeled Mirage Gold.

Almost the whole cream candle lights up. The cream wax is totally unscented to my nose. They have a programmable timer and take C batteries, which will hopefully last a long time.  The plastic flame tip does not move, but I like the new cutout on it that makes it almost look like there's a wick.  There is only one led light inside, not two flashing back and forth.  It doesn't flicker or blink, and almost looks steady-on until I study it, and then I see that it sort of pulses a little. 

The aspect that makes it a winner for me is the clear round lens that suspends on a wire down inside, that dances magnetically in front of the led.  That motion is projected up onto the plastic flame.  I really like how all that comes together.  There is a pattern that forms on the wall behind and also a bit of light and pattern on the ceiling, but not nearly as wild as the patterns I get with Luminaras. 

They are one of if not the most realistic looking flameless candles I've tried.  I remember seeing one of the QVC videos for the new Mirage Gold and thinking that they looked pretty good, but I had to see them for myself.  I don't understand why the cream 5" candles are only $12 each.  The other colors and heights are more.

With CIJ Sale Prices and hopefully new flameless candles coming soon, I wanted to give my review.  I'd post a video of how they look but I don't know if we can (or how to) post Photobucket videos anymore.