Respected Contributor

Re: Can you imagine this in your kitchen?

The basics of the kitchen are beautiful, but not the "fungus" growing from the ceiling.  

Respected Contributor

No to the bug habitat on the ceiling for sure. The way it’s decorated, I can’t see much serious cooking going on here. Candles right by the stove top?  Not a fan of the window treatments that mimic the ceiling garden. Rooms that appeal to me are functional as well as inviting. The decorator of this kitchen did not do this space justice.

Respected Contributor

Well now,  NO!

I do like the table. And, the stove hood.

But, what exactly are those window treatments?

As for the drieds hanging - I actually did something similar years ago - not to that extreme - I had wood beams in the table area of the kitchen - had some dried bunches hanging from those, looked nice for the look I was going for at the time, and I do not recall anything ever falling off to the table or on my head.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I assume all the stuff hanging from the celling are different herbal tea plants.

But no, I wouldn't like that at all.

Honored Contributor

This is a beautiful kitchen, but you'd spend your life cleaning it.  You'd also work your death to death trying to cook a meal because the triangle from sink-fridge-range is SO large.

Honored Contributor

That kitchen is bigger than my entire Manhattan apt.  I have a tiny galley kitchen. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN .. without all that "stuff" hanging from the ceiling and the counter top clutter  ..it would be a great kitchen.  

Honored Contributor

I'd love a tour of that kitchen, minus all the clutter.  It looks like a fire waiting to happen.  Is that a stove with things piled all atop?  I don't get it.  I'll bet it's a beautiful room underneath all that silly stuff.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I can see all of my house in that kitchen! It looks like 1500 square feet.
Esteemed Contributor

I hope no one minds me bringing this to the top, but I recorded a movie on Lifetime a couple days ago. I watched it this evening and look at the decoration on the ceiling 

A5CC2F42-9AC3-48EC-8F9E-FCB4D7E5B871.jpeg