Occasional Contributor

QVC had an item for sale (sorry don't know official name of it) and I can't find on their website to purchase. It was a small device that you hook on your car's open door to assist you in getting out of the car. It was small enough to fit in palm of hand and it just hooked on an open car door.  Does anyone know the name of it? Can't seem to find on website and can't look elsewhere because I don't know what qvc calls it. I've looked in auto section of site but didn't see it. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't find auto handle item

I haven't seen them on QVC lately, but if you check amazon for "car door handle", there is the device that hook into the door hasp and use it to assist in getting out of the car.  Is that it?

Trusted Contributor

@ampw wrote:

QVC had an item for sale (sorry don't know official name of it) and I can't find on their website to purchase. It was a small device that you hook on your car's open door to assist you in getting out of the car. It was small enough to fit in palm of hand and it just hooked on an open car door.  Does anyone know the name of it? Can't seem to find on website and can't look elsewhere because I don't know what qvc calls it. I've looked in auto section of site but didn't see it. 

I couldn't find it either. I'll bet they sold out. They're available at Walmart, Amazon & I've seen them in those "As Seen On TV Stores" as well. Search "HandyBar" on Walmart.

We got one for my Dad- it has helped tremendously. He just has to remember to take it out of the door before someone tries to shut the door.....

Honored Contributor

The Car Cane? I think Black and Decker makes it.

Respected Contributor

I've also seen it locally at a pharmacy that also carries medical equipment like canes and walkers.  If you have such a store in your area, you might want to check there, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ampw

Able Life Auto Assist (on Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Able-Life-Auto-Assist-Grab/dp/B00I45JJQO

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I bought it for my friend at Bed Bath & Beyond about 6 months ago.

i think it was in the area of "As seen on TV" called the car cane.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This one is called Car Cane Elite. It's BOGO at hsn, comes in 8 colors...$20 +sh.

Has flashlight, seat belt cutter and window breaker. Customer pick.Woman Happy

car-caneelite-bogo-with-flashlight-and-window-breaker-d-20160513112937357-491761_019.jpg

Respected Contributor

@ampw, the one shown below is being presented on air at HSN right now.