Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Believe This Listing Photo

That is very weird looking to me. I have seen listing photos though where the rooms are messy, and very unorganized looking. I think oh my gosh, not very smart if you really want to sell. I remember one time my husband and I went through a home by appointment that was a disaster......

The Living Room, Kitchen and Dining Room were fairly clean, but the bedrooms and bathrooms were atrocious. The Master Bedroom obviously was lacking in storage space because they had clothes piled in the corner and shoes all over. Needless to say we didn't end up purchasing the home, but not because of their mess.....We could see past the mess, but I bet some people can not...

Respected Contributor

I once saw a listing with a picture of a toilet. Like someone just stood in the bathroom doorway and focused on the toilet. In this same listing there was a picture of pet food bowls on the kitchen floor. Strange pictures. I assume the owners did not use a professional real estate photographer. 

Honored Contributor

Because of the shape, it doesn't look like a person in bed.  Too distorted, they'd have to be a contortionist.

Maybe there's a body pillow or two?

Honored Contributor

At first glance it does look like there's someone in the bed.  When you look closely it doesn't look like a person.  You can't see their head either.  Still, it doesn't look like a nicely made up bed for the photograph!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Haha-hilarious!

I was a buyer and a seller at this time last year. Some of the online media I saw was worse than this!

I obsessed over the photos posted to sell my house. It sold in a day for well over list price.

Esteemed Contributor

Either someone has a grand sense of humor or it's an 'only one owner - stays with the apartment' listing.

Reminds me of the first house DH and I bought. We were 23. Toured the FSBO home. Lady had 7 kids and was getting a divorce. We entered one of the bedrooms and teen daughter was reading on top of bedspread with bra and panties on. Mom covered her up and we backed out. They got in a name-calling quarrel. The girl had quite a mouth on her. So... DH is a marketing major and fancied himself as quite the business man. Big fight about the house, but the mom took our first, low-ball offer. There was some bad mojo that house. In fact, we separated for 18 months while living there. Hated that place. We had a battle of the wills. DH learned an expensive lesson about bad mojo and how to treat partner as equal. I learned to let my NOs mean NO. However, we made a profit when we sold it. 40 years later, here we are.

I have no idea why I shared this but I'm too lazy to edit my response.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago when I had a ton of pillows on my bed, there would be times it would look like this if I just pulled up the covers after getting up and left it at that as "making my bed" for the day. I'm guessing the lumps are just pillows and blankets.

Regardless, it's ridiculous to have not only taken the photo but also posted it publicly unless you were just trying to point out the nice tree in the yard; this definitely isn't showing anything good or useful about the room. (And if you really look closely, there's some kind of ick along the bottoms of the windowsills—hopefully it's just peeling paint and nothing more concerning).

Esteemed Contributor

Very unappealing. 

Valued Contributor

The place is maybe inhabited by a tenant who's having their home sold out from under them and isn't exactly looking forward to endless strangers poking trough their home.

That situation doesn't exactly predispose one to make things nice for photos.

Trusted Contributor

Ugg!  Who does that?