Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a garment/drapery steamer?

Thanks guys for all the great recommendations! Sounds like I'm going to have to check out Joy's My Little Steamer. I see they have them at the local Target so I'll take a look.

I see she has a Mini and a regular sized one. Any preferences there?

Do any of you take one with you when travelling?

Again...Thank you all!  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@jpie wrote:

My January issue of Good Housekeeping stated that the Conair portable steamer got their seal of approval.  I have had three Rowenta steamers, two standing units and one small travel steamer and they all were disappointing considering the price. All three ended up at curbside far too early.  I do love their steam irons though.

I also have a Joy Mangano "My Little Steamer" and it leaves a trail of water even when used as directed.  The price is reasonable, but performance is poor.  If I ever buy a portable steamer I will read the reviews on the Conair unit.

HTH

I'll take a look at GH at the grocery store tomorrow. I checked online but the only steamer reviews they have posted were nearly ten years old. Although they did recommend a Conair back then. I noticed that the Conairs seemed to have the most favorable reviews on Amazon.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'm going to check out the Conairs at Target.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Got a Rowenta handheld steamer from Q last year because I don't iron and had  newly purchased wrinkled curtains, dust ruffles, etc. for our updated vacation house.

It was easy to fill, lasted about 10 minutes of heavy steam and I even used it upside down to do the dust ruffles because I wasn't going to unmake the new beds !  It sits stable on counter tops and is comfortable in the hand.

Haven't done clothes with it since I use pant stretchers for Bermudas and slacks.

Cost was about $60 I think.

HTH

Still my heart! Pressed dust ruffles without having to wrestled the mattresses off the beds! Omigosh, omigosh!  Now I know I HAVE to have a steamer.

What model of Rowenta do you have?

Thank you for the message and the recommendation!