Valued Contributor

Camouflage Company storage bins "cancer warning"

[ Edited ]

The plastic bags the storage bins are wrapped in  state "these bags cause cancer".  Does anyone know if this means the storage bins themselves or the plastic  bags they arrive in.  What a strange thing to say on  a bag if they are up for selling to the public.  I don't understand.  I  could really use these bins, but I am scared of the warning. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Camouflage Company storage bins "cancer warning"

Honored Contributor

@mia 2  I wouldn't use these at all. You have a valid question - I'd email the company directly and pose your question to them.

If you haven't already made this purchase I'd hold off until you can find out more.

Honored Contributor

Good question but wouldn't fret over it.  I just wouldn't buy them.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your responses as they were very helpful.  Thank you to Caffeina for her link to the California official site with the info on this.  I don't think I will be buying these even though they are exactly what I need.  Ladies on these blogs are always so helpful!

Honored Contributor

I'd steer clear of them.  Why take a chance ..

Honored Contributor

They should not be for sale ,qvc never mentioned that did they?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Yikes!  That sounds bad. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

goldensrbest~~No it was never mentionned on the tv presentation.  There is a "link" that Caffenia listed above that was very interesting and might explain why the packaging states that.  It has to do with a CA law, so maybe these Camouflage bins are made in CA.

Honored Contributor

I think that people need to do what they feel comfortable with, but the whole Prop 65 thing is over the top and not really something I put a lot of stock in myself. 

We are in a world full of chemicals, and we aren't going to get away from them. That said, we all take some level of concern/practices to reduce our exposure. Some more so than others. 

I've bought many of the Camouflage Company storage pieces and I think they are wonderful. In fact I'd been meaning to write a thread about them and how happy I have been with the style and quality of them. 

The perspective I have, is that I'm not eating them, I'm not putting them in or on my body, and perhaps the chemicals in question dissipate over time with exposure to air. And then maybe they don't. 

But unless there comes to light something more substantial than what we refer to as the "California wacky" I personally have no issues buying and using them.