Trusted Contributor

Re: Calling all cloche lovers

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR. I hear what you mean about shipping but at least as a member I could save the 5%.  I really don't remember what we were charged by the Q for shipping on the large cloches last year and that box was huge too.  This one is a rather large box  but if you really had to have it, it is doable.  IMO, I didn't think it was a nice as some of the Valerie ones. I just liked her scenes better and this is a dark base.  I was hoping for better reindeer.  Woman Happy

I appreciate your honest opinion.  It is hard to tell from the photo since the deer are so small. 

@MTH @SHOPR  Now you both know we have to have cloches with larger deer than this one has.  It's gotta be about the deer.  Seriously, I think I'll pass on these and look for something with larger deer.  I do like the cabin and I understand it has to be done to scale or it would look unbalanced.  Check out the one I posted from online and I sure like it.  Deer are larger but houses are at a distance so it works.

@lucymo@SHOPR I agree. The next cloche will be ALL ABOUT THE DEER.  I have almost all the parts...just need to find the right deer.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR. I hear what you mean about shipping but at least as a member I could save the 5%.  I really don't remember what we were charged by the Q for shipping on the large cloches last year and that box was huge too.  This one is a rather large box  but if you really had to have it, it is doable.  IMO, I didn't think it was a nice as some of the Valerie ones. I just liked her scenes better and this is a dark base.  I was hoping for better reindeer.  Woman Happy

I appreciate your honest opinion.  It is hard to tell from the photo since the deer are so small. 

@MTH @SHOPR  Now you both know we have to have cloches with larger deer than this one has.  It's gotta be about the deer.  Seriously, I think I'll pass on these and look for something with larger deer.  I do like the cabin and I understand it has to be done to scale or it would look unbalanced.  Check out the one I posted from online and I sure like it.  Deer are larger but houses are at a distance so it works.

@lucymo@SHOPR I agree. The next cloche will be ALL ABOUT THE DEER.  I have almost all the parts...just need to find the right deer.  

Me too, @MTH, I just love the look with the deer in the snowy scenes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rosehill, @MTH, @lucymo, and anyone looking for cheap mini trees,

Walmart had some Christmas decorations today.  There was a selection of bottle brush and similar trees. 

The ones I bought, in the photo below, are actually bottle brush trees that have been crammed(?) with dark green styrofoam balls for the green part, and there are red foam balls to mimic berries mixed in the green ones.  Then they are flocked. 

If you think you will want these, I suggest going soon, because within the selection of various bottle brush tree styles, sizes and colors, there were only 3 or 4 of this style to choose from.  They are not made all that well, so you will need to select the best of the bunch, if you know what I mean. 

I liked the texture and dimension, and for $1 and $2, I thought they were well worth it.  They are 6 and 9 inches tall.  HTH!

They also had the more traditional looking bottle brush trees, in a couple of shades of green, but none were any taller than 9 inches. 

I forgot to take a picture of what was on the shelf. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/Miscellaneous/IMG_3770_zpsz08lxsex.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought too many bell jars and cloche, mainly at Michaels, and need to do something with them.  I would love a mini Putz house and tried to make one from card sstock but it came out a mess.  Here are some ideas.

https://www.pinterest.com/ndraper88/cloches/

Trusted Contributor

I was at Walmart the other day, and they had a beautiful 7.5 foot white flocked tree with white lights.  It was very full and had a good amount of lights.  If anyone missed out on any of these style trees last year on the Q, you may want to check these out.  They are $169.99.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@rosehill, @MTH, @lucymo, and anyone looking for cheap mini trees,

Walmart had some Christmas decorations today.  There was a selection of bottle brush and similar trees. 

The ones I bought, in the photo below, are actually bottle brush trees that have been crammed(?) with dark green styrofoam balls for the green part, and there are red foam balls to mimic berries mixed in the green ones.  Then they are flocked. 

If you think you will want these, I suggest going soon, because within the selection of various bottle brush tree styles, sizes and colors, there were only 3 or 4 of this style to choose from.  They are not made all that well, so you will need to select the best of the bunch, if you know what I mean. 

I liked the texture and dimension, and for $1 and $2, I thought they were well worth it.  They are 6 and 9 inches tall.  HTH!

They also had the more traditional looking bottle brush trees, in a couple of shades of green, but none were any taller than 9 inches. 

I forgot to take a picture of what was on the shelf. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/Miscellaneous/IMG_3770_zpsz08lxsex.jpg

We could spray these for a different look.  I've used cheap snow spray on trees when I needed them to be white or spray paint and then snow spray.  Thanks  I'm in heaven with a can of spray paint.  Thanks, @SHOPR.