Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,659
Registered: ‎10-18-2012

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

Here you guys go...

 


Thanks so much @MTH for the photo.  I will definitely consider it if it ever shows up online.   My final decision will depend on the total cost since I already have this year's TSV snowman cloche and I should be satisfied without buying another.  I really like this one, though.  Too bad I had to like it, right? 


@SHOPR  I think it ran approx. $35 if I remember correctly. Not too bad and it is quite large.  


Thanks, @MTH.   I agree that the $35 price alone is not bad at all.  I was thinking of total price in terms of having to pay s&h and 5% surcharge to order one online, assuming they ever show up on the Costco website.  I appreciate also that you said you would be willing to buy one and ship it to someone.  Postage is so outrageously expensive lately, though, that I wonder if it would be worth the total in the end, at least for me, if you know what I mean.  :-0


@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR. I hear what you mean about shipping but at least as a member I could save the 5%.  I really don't remember what we were charged by the Q for shipping on the large cloches last year and that box was huge too.  This one is a rather large box  but if you really had to have it, it is doable.  IMO, I didn't think it was a nice as some of the Valerie ones. I just liked her scenes better and this is a dark base.  I was hoping for better reindeer.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers

@MTH@SHOPR

Look how simple and we could add our own ideas and deer or  trees.  We all have the LR cloche plus HL and I found a large bell jar at TJMaxx last week.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,659
Registered: ‎10-18-2012

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@lucymo wrote:

@MTH@SHOPR

Look how simple and we could add our own ideas and deer or  trees.  We all have the LR cloche plus HL and I found a large bell jar at TJMaxx last week.


@lucymo@SHOPR:  That is beautiful. I love the deer but I'd also love to find those trees. They are very cute. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers

[ Edited ]

@MTH, check out Walmart for the trees.  They had the snowy trees last year at a very reasonable price.  I got some trees there.

ETA  I think if we couldn't  find the urns for the trees we could use cheap small taper holders and paint for the color we want.  Or, just use lots of snow on styrofoam.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 765
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@lucymo wrote:

@MTH, check out Walmart for the trees.  They had the snowy trees last year at a very reasonable price.  I got some trees there.

ETA  I think if we couldn't  find the urns for the trees we could use cheap small taper holders and paint for the color we want.  Or, just use lots of snow on styrofoam.


Lucy, the snowy tree & deer cloche that you designed is beautiful. Do you remember when Walmart puts out holiday? I can never seem to second guess them. Sometimes I go in there, just sure that a product will be available, and it isn't. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH, check out Walmart for the trees.  They had the snowy trees last year at a very reasonable price.  I got some trees there.

ETA  I think if we couldn't  find the urns for the trees we could use cheap small taper holders and paint for the color we want.  Or, just use lots of snow on styrofoam.


Lucy, the snowy tree & deer cloche that you designed is beautiful. Do you remember when Walmart puts out holiday? I can never seem to second guess them. Sometimes I go in there, just sure that a product will be available, and it isn't. 


@rosehill,  Hi Rose, I didn't design the cloche, just found it online.  It is simple but we could all go with our own stuff and it would be so inexpensive to make our own.  I know we all have mini strings of lights too.

 My DH said he was in our closest Walmart last Friday and they had a lot of Christmas out already so might have their village trees out now.  I'm anxious for all of us to get to creating some cloches. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 765
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH, check out Walmart for the trees.  They had the snowy trees last year at a very reasonable price.  I got some trees there.

ETA  I think if we couldn't  find the urns for the trees we could use cheap small taper holders and paint for the color we want.  Or, just use lots of snow on styrofoam.


Lucy, the snowy tree & deer cloche that you designed is beautiful. Do you remember when Walmart puts out holiday? I can never seem to second guess them. Sometimes I go in there, just sure that a product will be available, and it isn't. 


@rosehill,  Hi Rose, I didn't design the cloche, just found it online.  It is simple but we could all go with our own stuff and it would be so inexpensive to make our own.  I know we all have mini strings of lights too.

 My DH said he was in our closest Walmart last Friday and they had a lot of Christmas out already so might have their village trees out now.  I'm anxious for all of us to get to creating some cloches. 


Thank you, Lucy. I bet Holiday will start trickling out in the closest one to me, pretty soon, too. I would have never thought to look there for snowy trees. But you are right, I mean, who needs to buy expensive trees. Bottle brush snow covered trees seem that they would be pretty standard. I will definitely check there. I have a beautiful Jadeite reproduction pedestal base that I put a bell shaped jar on in my living room, and it is just begging for a pretty snowy design in it. I really love the simplicity of the snowy trees and a few deer.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH, check out Walmart for the trees.  They had the snowy trees last year at a very reasonable price.  I got some trees there.

ETA  I think if we couldn't  find the urns for the trees we could use cheap small taper holders and paint for the color we want.  Or, just use lots of snow on styrofoam.


Lucy, the snowy tree & deer cloche that you designed is beautiful. Do you remember when Walmart puts out holiday? I can never seem to second guess them. Sometimes I go in there, just sure that a product will be available, and it isn't. 


@rosehill,  Hi Rose, I didn't design the cloche, just found it online.  It is simple but we could all go with our own stuff and it would be so inexpensive to make our own.  I know we all have mini strings of lights too.

 My DH said he was in our closest Walmart last Friday and they had a lot of Christmas out already so might have their village trees out now.  I'm anxious for all of us to get to creating some cloches. 


Thank you, Lucy. I bet Holiday will start trickling out in the closest one to me, pretty soon, too. I would have never thought to look there for snowy trees. But you are right, I mean, who needs to buy expensive trees. Bottle brush snow covered trees seem that they would be pretty standard. I will definitely check there. I have a beautiful Jadeite reproduction pedestal base that I put a bell shaped jar on in my living room, and it is just begging for a pretty snowy design in it. I really love the simplicity of the snowy trees and a few deer.


@rosehill  I may go check to see if  Walmart has any trees and what kind they have.  I like the heavily snow laden evergreen or bottlebrush.  I'll be out of town on Tuesday so I'll try to check out that Walmart too.  I was in HL on Friday but forgot to check on trees, was in a hurry.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,442
Registered: ‎04-17-2013

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR. I hear what you mean about shipping but at least as a member I could save the 5%.  I really don't remember what we were charged by the Q for shipping on the large cloches last year and that box was huge too.  This one is a rather large box  but if you really had to have it, it is doable.  IMO, I didn't think it was a nice as some of the Valerie ones. I just liked her scenes better and this is a dark base.  I was hoping for better reindeer.  Woman Happy


I appreciate your honest opinion.  It is hard to tell from the photo since the deer are so small. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Calling all cloche lovers


@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR. I hear what you mean about shipping but at least as a member I could save the 5%.  I really don't remember what we were charged by the Q for shipping on the large cloches last year and that box was huge too.  This one is a rather large box  but if you really had to have it, it is doable.  IMO, I didn't think it was a nice as some of the Valerie ones. I just liked her scenes better and this is a dark base.  I was hoping for better reindeer.  Woman Happy


I appreciate your honest opinion.  It is hard to tell from the photo since the deer are so small. 


@MTH @SHOPR  Now you both know we have to have cloches with larger deer than this one has.  It's gotta be about the deer.  Seriously, I think I'll pass on these and look for something with larger deer.  I do like the cabin and I understand it has to be done to scale or it would look unbalanced.  Check out the one I posted from online and I sure like it.  Deer are larger but houses are at a distance so it works.