Trusted Contributor

Re: Calling all cloche lovers

@rosehill wrote:

Nevadablue, thank you so much for finding this! MTH, wow, thank you for the photo. I want one. Now I have to see if I can find a one day pass for Costco. Wouldn't make much sense to join Costco for just this. I would if it wasn't so far away. I will drive there for this if I can find a one day pass online. Thanks again, you enablers. I love the whole scene. It is  the type of place one can dream about. Small, but so cozy. Smiley Happy

@rosehill  I offered to send one to Lucy and I'll do the same for you if you really want one.  I think you can still buy from Costco but you pay a slight bit more if you aren't a member, but it is doable if you have a store close to you.

Valued Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

Nevadablue, thank you so much for finding this! MTH, wow, thank you for the photo. I want one. Now I have to see if I can find a one day pass for Costco. Wouldn't make much sense to join Costco for just this. I would if it wasn't so far away. I will drive there for this if I can find a one day pass online. Thanks again, you enablers. I love the whole scene. It is  the type of place one can dream about. Small, but so cozy. Smiley Happy

@rosehill  I offered to send one to Lucy and I'll do the same for you if you really want one.  I think you can still buy from Costco but you pay a slight bit more if you aren't a member, but it is doable if you have a store close to you.

Thank you, MTH. Everyone here is just the best. I appreciate your offer, and will think about it. The 2013 one sounds like you and Lucy like it better. I never saw that one.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MTH wrote:

Here you guys go...

cloche.jpeg

Thanks so much @MTH for the photo.  I will definitely consider it if it ever shows up online.   My final decision will depend on the total cost since I already have this year's TSV snowman cloche and I should be satisfied without buying another.  I really like this one, though.  Too bad I had to like it, right? 

Honored Contributor

@rosehill, if you want to see the 2013 cloches from Costco go to message #41 in this thread.  I really like the deer and the tree.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very pretty but I am passing on this cloche and my Costco has only a few holiday items out. They are getting more on Oct 9th so I am going back then. I stopped at customer service on my way out.

Respected Contributor

I checked with the Costco in Aliso Viejo, CA today and these cloches are on order and are due to arrive at the area stores in early October.  They didn't have an exact date.  Three sizes of sitting/standing reindeer were already on display including the white ones pictured upthread.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

Here you guys go...

cloche.jpeg

Thanks so much @MTH for the photo.  I will definitely consider it if it ever shows up online.   My final decision will depend on the total cost since I already have this year's TSV snowman cloche and I should be satisfied without buying another.  I really like this one, though.  Too bad I had to like it, right? 

@SHOPR  I think it ran approx. $35 if I remember correctly. Not too bad and it is quite large.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

Here you guys go...

@SHOPR  I think it ran approx. $35 if I remember correctly. Not too bad and it is quite large.  

Thanks, @MTH.   I agree that the $35 price alone is not bad at all.  I was thinking of total price in terms of having to pay s&h and 5% surcharge to order one online, assuming they ever show up on the Costco website.  I appreciate also that you said you would be willing to buy one and ship it to someone.  Postage is so outrageously expensive lately, though, that I wonder if it would be worth the total in the end, at least for me, if you know what I mean.  :-0

Esteemed Contributor

FYI, Here is a cloche at Kohls website:

St. Nicholas Square Snowman Cloche:

http://media.kohlsimg.com/is/image/kohls/2184606?wid=882&hei=882&op_sharpen=1

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm not a cloche lover since I had to look up what even a cloche was. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"