Honored Contributor

Calling Oznell 3/24/24

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Kirstien and Joerg are getting ready to explore the town that inspired Jane Austen!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,  they'll take Bath by storm!  Seems like Jane Austen was always having her heroines repairing there to salve a broken heart, or do some deep thinking, amid the exquisite public rooms and squares.  It will be fun to see what the German duo get into there-- the architecture is so fabulous. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,   I'm so hoping you are feeling better this Easter weekend, but fear that the bustle of the holiday will be hard on you.  I know that my own crummy knee and back are complaining out loud, due to extra heavy grocery loads and other events this week...

Just noticed that Kirsten and Joerg have a video out on their German and English Easter treats-- looks interesting!

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.41.58 AM.png

Wishing you a peaceful Easter!

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Oznell 3/24/24

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Good to hear from you!!!

With Easter, there's more pre-prep which DH will mostly do.   There are a few things I can do sitting at a table since I don't have the stamina to stand at the moment.

I don't know your back issue, but mine is scoliosis and arthritis of the spine; is your back similar?

The doctor has reccomended the back braces from the drug store which I haven't used yet because I've been using a heating pad and cold gel belts on my lower back which right now is pain free, however, I have had my med which I need to cut.

Monday, when the rehab is open, I need to get in there and strength train; oddly enough, walking isn't the answer!  Where, oh where is my magic wand!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,  oh, it sounds like you are doing everything possible, yet, still suffering mightily.

The last few years, I found out I too have arthritis in the spine-- first noticed how hard it was to get out of the car after long drives, ha.  A scan confirmed.  Not surprised, since my mother had similar.   Plus my left knee does not want to function on stairs, of which we have plenty, gack. 

Fortunately, so far, I have no knee problem when walking on level surfaces-- none at all, really.  Doc said surgery not indicated at this point.

Anyway, glad you have prep help from hubby!   Best of luck with the back brace and continued strength training-- such a good thing to do.

Easter is my favorite, most meaningful holiday, signifying what it does for us.  Amazing, so grateful!    Have a wonderful weekend, @ECBG .