Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Doctor's appt today, so I spent an extra few minutes going to Michael's Crafts.

I got to see their silk florals but after what I've ordered from Prestige Botanicals there was a gigantic visual difference.

I was so underwhelmed! I got this 80 percent ribbon- love the woven background!  (some can be used for cute bags other than Christmas)

20230126_174557.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, you're smart to stock up on those terrific ribbons now,  @ECBG !   All darling, and I love an earthy burlap, especially at Christmas.   I saw "Garret LeChic" (youtuber) use burlap ribbon on his extensive collection of blue-and- white ginger jars at Christmas, and, true to his name, it was definitely 'chic'!

What a pretty pink floral arrangement you have in the background--  are they ranunculus or roses, or a combo?  Or..??  Can't see them that well.  And are those pewter pieces in front?   So handsome!   Love what I can see of your candelabra too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you for your kind complement.

The flowers are camellias, I am using 2 bushes.  I pushed them down and pulled their greenery thorough thinking of Aster.  I love the deep rose color with my burgundy tie tip drapes.  I can't find where I bought them!!!  (It was before Christmas).

That is a pewter tea set from ebay.  OF COURSE, I walked into an antique store a week ago and found a coffee pot set, which I thought I HAD ordered.  I may just go get it!

The candelabra is antique pewter.  The center comes out for the fifth candle.

20230127_163431.jpg

20230127_163420.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, gorgeous, thanks so much for providing close-ups, @ECBG --  really appreciate that!

Camellias!   They are so pretty.  I love combos of contrasting things--  like the soft, voluptuous camellias juxtaposed with the classic, more 'strict' lines of your pewter.

I have a small collection of pewter I got when much younger, but not much really old.  Do have a petite 'half-gill' measure or something like that, and a pair of beat up old candlesticks, which I love.  Just a few other items.  Always loved the soft sheen of pewter...

Your sinuous candelabra is a showstopper!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I do have 2 antique candle sticks.  Most of my collection is antique candle molds as you have seen.  I left them large since we are both detail oriented.

This one holds the candle by pressure.

20230127_173645.jpg

20230127_171730.jpg

Honored Contributor

Wow, @ECBG --  I love the ingenious quality of the first one, (have never seen that "pressure-holding" type) and the beautiful patina on both of these venerable treasures!  You have a wonderful collection.