Regular Contributor

Calling Any B&BW Candle-holics

So Bath & Body Works is having a Buy 2 Get 2 Free Sale on their candles it started today and runs through Monday (7/29).

Haven't purchased any of their candles in quite some time, but was wondering if anyone knows where these are poured and manufactured. It seems that alot of candles now a days are either made in China or Vietnam and not in the U.S.

Anyway, wondering about your experiences you've had with these candles as of late.

Valued Contributor

Re: Calling Any B&BW Candle-holics

Pretty sure that they are made right here in my home state, Ohio.  

Regular Contributor

rustysmom, that's good to know. Do they have a good fragrance throw and do they burn cleanly?

Respected Contributor

Although I've not noticed a Buy 2 Get 2 Free, wnhich isn't bad, they do seem to do frequent sales.  Last week all 3 wick candles were $10 off.  A couple of weeks before that they were all $12.95.  I usually like to wait until they are even less and go in with a $10 off coupon, so I end up paying about $7-$8/candle, but you never know what might be gone in the store by then.  I used to also buy online but with shipping, I usually go in store.

I usually stock up Fall and Winter as those are my favorite scents.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing @Pipsqueak I was just taking inventory of my candles. I am so glad that when I order these candles they don't have to ship that far...last summer I kept the UPS truck very busy!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pipsqueak   I have one that I just looked at the label and it says its distributed by them out of Ohio. 

I'm sure if made in Vietnam or China, then they would have to state that on the label, so I believe that they are made in the USA.

They are quite nice and I recently purchased some when they were $12.50....and used an in store coupon of course!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

I was a BBW candle fanatic for quite some time, but stopped purchasing them when Slatkin & Co. left. 

I went back to Yankee Candle exclusively, but noticed their quality wasn't what it used to be either. I still purchase my tried and true favorites though...  Enter Homeworx --  Tried those and was completely disappointed.

I purchased my first BBW candle (in many years) about 2 weeks ago.  It was Banana Bundt Cake (sold out now).  It was AMAZING!  The scent was strong and the burn was PERFECTION!  I finished up that candle within three days!  I went back on their site and ordered two of their Heirloom Apple candles to start burning in September.  I already have my cart stocked up with a bunch of fall scents to try out during their next big sale.  Reviews on YouTube are better than they have been in years too.  I think I'm back!

I think you should try a BBW candle or two.  I hope you love them!

Honored Contributor

I love B&BW candles but it is hit or miss with the wicks.  I find that if the color of the candle is dark it doesn't burn well at all and the wicks drown.  They are great about returning or exchanging.  I am obsessed with their fall scents!

Trusted Contributor

They do have many nice scents but I had a lot of trouble with soot from these candles. I have recently painted the house so no more candles for me, just sticking with flamesless!