Occasional Visitor

Re: Calling All Crafters - May 2016

I alwaysed wonder why you left QVC?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Marsha2003  I have to hit the road but thought I would try to post while it is dtill Mondsy :')  My mom is recovering pretty well at this point. She is in a rehab center now & on IV antibiotics. Just found out that she has to remain on those until June 27 & therefore remain in the rehab center until then!! She doesnt know this yet because nobody tells you anything unless you ask directly & I finslly talked to her nurse todsy. Have to go see my mom tomorrow so I will tell her then. This is a nightmare for me becsuse of my cat with cancer but there is nothing I can do about it. My dad needs me at the house. Ah well, we all have our things to deal with right? Sometimes you think, oh look at those people having fun, no worries or problems etc but the truth is we all have issues /problems & others have far worse things to deal with.  Anyway, will write more tonight. Cat is calling & I have to get bavk home before my dad pulls the oven out again! Thank you for asking about my mom.

Several hours later...so I got home & nothing major was moved around, just the cat bowls (my parents have 4 indoor & 1 outdoor cat, I have 6 indoor cats). I still cant find the large stainless steel water bowl but there is another one & the other will hopefully turn up in the morning :-)

I too have tried to cut back on crafting purchases with a little success but then I find myself walking into Tuesday Morning & finding awesome Martha Stewart decoupage & stenciling supplies or I check out the ads for Michaels or Joanns & find a good sale.  I need to bring more order to my crafting supplies but I don't see that happening for a while.

I love the Timree cards! It must have been amazing to actually have a class with her. Drawing is definitely not my forte & I admire people who can create something from nothing. I especially love Western artists, old & new. Scottsdale now has some wonderful galleries & Spring shows & Wickenburg has an incredible Western art museum that I want to go see again, maybe in the Fall.

Mostly I am itching to do a couple of things with the Seafarer collection but it is hard when I am running bavk & forth. I did find my anchor stencil & I plan to use it with the paper & I want to create a couple of scrapbook clipboards from my last trip to SF. For those I need to practice a vouple of rosettes but I have paper I can practice with. I think I might get the anchor project done this week so I will hopefully post it next Monday on the June crafting thread.

Hope y'all are getting Anna's blog posts so you can preview the July 6 shows. Maybe next week we csn discuss some of the upcoming items.  Take care & see you on the Calling All Crafters-June 2016 thread!

Valued Contributor

Hi @boks  I'm sorry, I dont know who you are referring to :-)  Do you mean me or Anna Griffin or ??  If you mean me, I didnt really leave. I judt have computer problems ( the last brought on by c.f. oming to this site from Internet Explorer. It wrecked my McAfee & I cant get onto any sites I have been on previously. It's nuts & I have to fix it. In the meanwhile, I have to use my phone & it is slow & hard to edit or make changes etc. Also the pictures post sideways if they are right side up on my phone. I dont know why. Anyway it's difficult to bring up threads & post so I gave up for a while. This new format has been the pits!

If you mean Anna Griffin & other crafters, QVC gave up on Crafters so many vendors ended up at HSN. Thank goodness they have not given up on us yet.  The problem at HSN is that their boards are a strange format that I just cant follow & QVC used to have a very active crafting board so manystayed here. Of course, tthey are trying to get rid of us by taking away our forum when they "improved" these boards last June 15 & it seems to be working. I will keep on trying here because Facebook is even more difficult on a phone than this is. I know Anna is trying to keep her board active with different things like viewing parties & "Sunday Sharing".

Pinterest is an awesome place to look for crafting ideas & Anna Griffin projects & there are some great people on Instagram, especially if you are into all the stuff you can do with your planner nowadays.

Hope I answered your question. I  basically follow Crafting & of course Spurt's wonderful weekend previews over on QTalk. She is awesome!

Ok, time to start the June Crafting thread :-)