Valued Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters - May 2016

First, thank u @Marsha2003 for the compliment.  I like the cards but they were pretty basic. Once again, I am late after promising to be here every Mondsy, but I have a good excuse-my mom had to back to the hospitsl on Saturday morning (her c.diff came back ) so I havent been except to feed my cats twice a day (& that is an 80 mile round trip). My father has Alzheimer's & shouldn't be left alone for more than 4 hours max & never overnight so I am staying at my parent's house.

My HSN products arrived on Friday (yea!) & I thought I would open them on Saturday but that plan has been put on hold. I may get to them on Wednesday night, we'll see (I'm hoping!) .Anyway, nothing has been created, I do want to get a couple of Tim Holtz (interesting, my phone suggested Russert after I typed Tim!. The 8th anniversary of his passing is about a month away. A great loss, definitely still missed)...anyway...I want TH stencils & a texture paste. I think they might be on sale at Michael's tomorrow but I dont know if I'll have a chance to stop. BTW, someone reminded me Peachycheap! I  had forgotten (so much lost in my dysfunctional desktop )so I am going to take a peek over there this week. I also need to stop at the local university's used office furniture & supplies place to get some clipboards I want to use for a project.

I will be back with my reviews of what I bought. Hope I love the Seafarer collection as much as I think I am going to!  BTW, CVS Pharmacy makes really good prints, nice & bright, much better than Walgreen's or Wal-Mart,  IMHO

Would love to hear what others thought of their purchases-any returns or wows? Talk to you soon!

Valued Contributor

These are the Mother's Day cards I created in 2013 & 2014. My mom has them posted in her office. I chose medium . ze for the last pics I posted, so I tho ught I would see what small looks like:

20160517_073409.jpg20160517_073420.jpg

I wonder how I can rotate them because they are right side up in my "gallery". If anyone knows, would you please share?  Sideways pics arent very useful! :-)

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo Hope your mother is out of the hospital soon.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @Marsha2003 for your well wishes. She was out for a few days but had to go back in & is there now so I am taking care of my dad & trying to take care of my own cats. They are very confused because while most dsys I go twice, I just feed & clean & then I'm gone again. I feel especially bad for my cat with cancer. He seems so sad but I just dont have a choice :-(

I'm so sorry I haven't made it here on Mondays as promised. I finally opened my box of goodies from May 6 & here are my thoughts:

Paper Tricks 1: havent had a chance to try them yet, of course, but the reviews are right. The instructions are nearly non-existent. Luckily there is YouTube for ant difficulties that may lie ahead.

Silver Foil Flourishes: Really beautiful, similar to the gold ones but not exactly the same as far as I can tell

Metallic Layer: So pretty, subtle sheen, very useful colors & sizes

Artfully Said Vellum Stickers: These have a funny smell that Im hoping goes awsy after a few days in the air. They were wrapped in a bag, in a box, tissue paper & another box! I really like them, they are pretty, wonderful colors, have a large group of chalkboard sentiments & pretty much all useful.  There were, surprisingly, maybe only 4 different "happy birthday"'s for a total of 8 because there are 2 of each sentiment.  Luckily i think there are others that will work for the occasion. It's a very nice set.

Seafarer Collection: Turns out I love this more in person than on T.V.  - Yea!! The papers are beautiful with wonderful color & you will love the foiled anchors & seahorses. The sentimenys and diecuts are beautiful & the 3-D embellishments are outstanding.  Forgot to say there are 4 of each paper design - 2 in text weight & 2 in cardstock. I will attach pics of tje embellies etc & if ypu want I can take pics of the paper. I cannt wait to usethis!

@Krimpette What do you think of thecoloring books & cards? Are they as nice as they seem?

_

And somebody bought the pencils  (cant go back & check when using the cell phone): how do you like them? Have you used other watercolor products that ypu can compare them to?

Ok, I will be bavk on Monday even if it's judt to say, "I'll be back later in the week".

Valued Contributor

20160525_225154.jpg

20160525_225206.jpg

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

20160525_225328.jpg20160525_225438.jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, I hope you were able to enjoy the 3-day weekend. I did because the freeways were much emptier than normal (excrpt for early afternoon Friday when everyone was leaving or driving through Phoenix on their way elsewhere). My life is still topsy turvey & I have done no crafting for several weeks so I apologize for that. I thought we would be able to come here & share some of our creations. I barely got my last Anna Griffin order unpacked!

That being the case, I saw the Michael's ad & had to stop to check out some of the doorbusters. Many of the little items in the front baskets were on clearance for 50 cents so I picked up a bunch of little pads & clothes pins & page markers, trims, a new compact mirror, Timree cards etc. Then I went to the paper aisle where it was on sale for 16 cents. I bought 62 sheets of paper! Throw in some patriotic things & 3 mason jars & that's my trip. 

It was so fun to just immerse myself in crafts for a while & heaven knows I could have spent a lot more money but I am so happy with the paper & doo das I bought. I need to get some black ink soon & I am dying to order some of the cutest Simon Says Stamp "Critter" stamps. Scrapbook.com is offering free Tim Holtz classes in June, July & August. I think they are sequential so you have to start with June's class. I am signing up so I will need supplies for that so the other things are on hold. I am excited to try these classes!

Did anyone see Anna on the 24th & 25th? I saw a little, but I honestly cant remember exactly what she was presenting. It was papercrafting, but I remember it was expensive. I dont buy nice bed linend so I didnt watch any of that,  i never even ran across a presentation. I loved the David's cookie jars & Heidi Daus Jewelry related to their "Alice" tie-in but I dont need the cookies or the jars & the jewelry is always out of reach.

Here are some pics of my Michael's purchases (i know the quality is poor. Sorry!)

Valued Contributor

2016-05-30 17.19.37.png2016-05-30 17.20.45.png

Valued Contributor

2016-05-30 17.36.23.png20160530_165434.jpg

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo  Wow!  It looks like you found some good bargains.  I've put a moratorium on craft buying, actually all buying, until I can get my closets organized this summer.  That won't stop me from enjoying your purchases, though.  I like seeing your projects and puchases.

How is your mother doing?

It's interesting that you bought some Timree items.  I've attended two painting parties hosted by her this year.  I have absolutely no talent for drawing or painting, but it was fun to see how she thinks as she has no formal art training, but clearly has an innate ability to draw. 

I didn't watch any of the AG shows during the Alice promo day nor did I buy anything.  Now, if I can just keep my order finger under control during the next shows...lol.