Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters - June 2016

@mewsmomtoo Oooohhh!!!  I'll bet he loved those cards!!!!!!!!!!  So meaningful!  

You sound like you've really got your hands full.  I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hopefully, you can find some respite in crafting!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Krimpette. Prayers are so appreciated. I alternate between so annoyed with his constant repetitive questions & being so sad at seeing this man who flew planes literally around the world, holding onto one of those little subscription cards that fall out of magazines (in this case, one of his flying magazines ) & studying it for several minutes & repeating that several times through the day. It makes me cry. I HATE ALZHEIMER'S 

Well goodness, I was just going to post some pics of things I picked up at Tuesday Morning, but it was a hard day & Im realizing I probably wont be living with him in a couple of weeks & I just miss my "real" dad. I can only imagine how my mom feels about losing her husband of 59 years. 

So anywsy, when the going gets stressful,  the stressed go shopping. I bought some great stickers that were just 99 cents, a mini-stapler with colorful staples for only $1.99, an awesome paper pad called Tattered Time & another with pics of beaches from around the world (some with glitter!) I also bought some ink pads for $1.99 & also the most gorgeous peacock box. I am a sucker for peacocks & birds in general. If I win the lottery, I am going to have real peacocks on my property! The last pic is a frame-like thing with a bunch of circles that reminds me of a cat toythat is box with joles on the top & sides so I am going to put pics of my cats in the circles :-)

2016-06-13 22.30.40.png

Valued Contributor

The picture above is from the Tattered Time paper pad. Here are the other pics:

2016-06-13 22.29.20.png

20160613_221231.jpg

20160613_221428.jpg

Valued Contributor

2016-06-13 22.32.31.png

2016-06-13 22.31.41.png

20160613_220633.jpg

20160613_220857.jpg20160613_220725.jpg

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo  You did well with your purchases!!!!!  Congrats!

Hang in there and know that your cyber friends are here thinking of you and supporting you during these difficult times.

Valued Contributor

Hey There from one pilot's daughter to another!  My Dad was in AF for 20years and retired flying a B-52 out of Rome,NY (Griffiss AFB). I am encouraging him to write his memoirs and memories. Dad is almost 85yo, my Mom passed away about 6years ago and we all miss her very  much.  We talk on the phone a few times a day, he lives about 30minutes away and has a caretaker/personal assistant that lives in the house and came with 2 very sweet small dogs. My Dad just loves those dogs and they provide pet therapy for him. 

I have recently taken up *Adult Coloring* for therapy and relaxation. My Aunt suggested it to me and I have really taken to it.  We are both exploring *ZENTANGLE* which looks like something small and manageable.  She found a small adult color book near the check out register  at the grocery and took it with her along with some color pencils when she had recent knee replacement surgery and found it helped her.  Sometimes a small simple project helps.

I told my Dad that they even have PLANE/JET color books! but he just thought that was quite silly or I would get him set up. He likes to read and watch old movies on TCM.   

I used to make cards and do rubber stamping and cross stitch embroidery. 

*Keep Calm and Craft On*     CAT

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  As usual, I did not get that promised Monday post up. I'm so sorry! I am re-pledging & will do a post when I think of it, instead of thinking I'll do it before bed because that is not working    

:-)

@Krimpette & @gacat123 Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it very much! I really shouldn't bring up the topic here, it's not the right place even though you all are so kind & dont complain when I go off-topic. Gacat123, that is awesome that your dad flew in the military 20 years, especially that big bomber. I bet he has some good stories to tell. I hope he puts pen to paper or records his history, that kind of first-hand history is fascinating, not just for the family, but as part of the fabric of American life. Each generation's experience of America is different & interesting.  I smiled at your dad's reaction to coloring because that would be my dad's reaction too. For him, life is about flying. We drive past an airport with the big jets often and he alwsys says he wishes he was going there or thst he would take the 747 sitting out there off their hands. Unfortunately, he never developed any hobbies that he can do inside (in spite of my mom's best efforts!)

Zentangle looks really  (sorry 'bout the underline) interesting. It reminds me of what I used to draw on the backs of my notebooks in high school & college, the simple designs, not the more elaborate ones! Maybe that wouldnt be a bad idea because I could do it in front of the TV while I sit with him & I dont have to have a lot of supplies. I wonder if my mom would like to color. She's got 28 days of "respite" left.

Stamps nowadays are amazing! So many designs & now the dies that cut them out. I guess the "invention" of the clear stamps allowed the market to put out so many more designs because the cost is lower & the shelf space nowhere near what is required by the hard rubber stamps. I just discovered Art Impressions stamps & they are hilarious.

One thing I almost have done is the American flag clothespin wreath that is on Pinterest. I hope to assemble it tomorrow since I have everything painted & ready to go. I will definitely post a pic when it's done.

OK, I've got to go to bed, tomorrow is a busy day & I hate driving when I'm tired.  Only 6 more days until Craft Day on HSN! :-)

Valued Contributor

OK!  I just ordered the Anna Griffin 24 water color pencils along with 3 color books from HSN!  The prices were a bit reduced so I figured what the HECK!  I can always use good water color pencils and color books.  THANKS FOR THE AG INFO!  

Keep Calm and Color On,

CAT   

Respected Contributor

Placed my order for the AG items I wanted.  I think they are all available now.  My, oh my, her prices just keep rising.  I wonder if they are trying to figure out just how much we are willing to pay.  I wanted to get the Terrific Titles die cutting set, but at $70, I have to give that a pass.

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy I found this thread!  Does anyone out there have a Minc machine?  I am really tempted but fear I would foil everything in sight!