Respected Contributor

I think it's darling....I wish I had a fireplace again.... I am not sure what the cost would be to put a fireplace in but I'll bet it's too much money for me....

FIREPLACE SCREEN SO CUTE.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

That IS very cute! Looks like it's by Valerie with the cute animals by it. 

I would imagine it would cost quite a lot to put in a fireplace! Could you put it on your list to buy one day and save for it?

Have a nice day @cbrite Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Very cute. The candle logs are wonderful, haven't seen anything like them before & the deer are adorable too. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Honored Contributor

very pretty! I love the candle logs too. Valerie does have a really nice fireplace screen on QVC.com. I saw it presented once, and it is really cute!

Trusted Contributor

Valerie's fireplace screen with the crystals, is gorgeous. I purchased it and my fireplace went from drab to fab. It's quite substantial and an excellent price. Front Gate has one almost identical to Valerie's and it's $1300.00. I actually like Valerie's better.

i like the fireplace screen shown in the post also. I would love it for the summer months. Just as something decorative and light. 

Respected Contributor
Now that I like! The candles are pretty sweet too!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CUTE Fireplace Screen!

[ Edited ]

Adorable @cbrite...

Cameron Electric Fireplace

Honored Contributor

I have a wood burning fireplace with closing screens and a glass door.  I always thought I'd rather have a fireplace screen than the glass doors.  I used to use my fireplace so it still has remnants of ashes in it.  I've had candles in mine and silk flowers in a large pot at separate times.  

When I got my kitten this summer I realized I needed to take everything out of the fireplace and close the doors.  I would hate for my kitten to get in the fireplace (which he would!) and get soot all over him.  I miss being able to have the doors open but enjoy my kitten more.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite

I have three and we only use one as a wood burning unit.

The other two (bedroom and dining room) have the duraflame candle unit.  I really like having that unit in my bedroom for a bit of added warmth and no mess.

They did have gas logs, but the cost of running gas got crazy so we removed that.  I do enjoy a good fire on a really cold night, but the mess and work of having a wood fire can be considerable.

My husband is a skilled brick mason so putting in those fireplaces was just part of the cost of the house.  The chimineys are gigantic and he used thousands of bricks.  I feel guilty now that we don't use them as wood burning units.  But, we built 25 years ago and it seemed like a good idea at the time Cat LOL

You are right, to have one installed is quite pricey. You could recreate that look without actually having a fireplace, or just get a small electric unti and use that screen.