Respected Contributor

Re: COMFORTABLE BUT SPARE FAMILY HOME IN SEATTLE

Nice.

Sometimes simple says it all.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like just about all of this beautiful home. It looks like it would be in Connecticut to me.

The only thing I really don't like is the landscaping in the front of the house. The front needs something else....a walkway or maybe a porch.

It looks unfinished to me.

Occasional Contributor

I live in a suburb of Seattle Washington don't get me wrong the house is beautiful but I wouldn't call it a spare home.  You would have to pay upwards of $2 million for this home in our craxy real estate market

Trusted Contributor

It's a beautiful home. I lived in a house in NY that was also built in 1922, in the late 80's. Seeing these photos sent me down memory lane. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

I hear you about the inflated real estate values, @danusz!  Agreed.  I meant "spare" more in the sense of the way the house was decorated, not in the value of that very substantial property.  Some designers would have taken their cues from the distinctive architecture and gone in a more elaborate and layered decor, but this one elected to keep things simple, with primitive antiques and portraits, almost rustic accessories, and most importantly, not too many of them.

@DREAMON, you have a good eye!  The site mentioned that the "new landscaping" for the house would be going in as soon as spring arrived there...

I just love houses and architecture from that era too, @Foolywooly11-- you get that craftsmanship that is rarely replicated these days.

Honored Contributor

I like most of this house. I dislike the front yard landscaping, or lack thereof. I dislike the open shelves for dishes in the kitchen. Beautiful staircase & back yard view! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Lovely house, some lovely elements and very pleasing rooms.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful home!!!!

The only I'd change is the white slipcovers.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

So true, @Oznell . Not only the craftsmanship, but things that would never be built in a modern home. The home I lived in had a "telephone" room! 

Honored Contributor

It's a great house, but I would redecorate.