Esteemed Contributor

Re: COMFORTABLE BUT SPARE FAMILY HOME IN SEATTLE

It's a very pretty home but just not my style.  However, I I loved the outdoor area overlooking the ocean.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

It's beautiful, inside and out. I wouldn't change a thing.

Super Contributor

The sitting arrangement in library is comfortable and cozy. The rooms look airy and the kitchen is well organized. The staircase looks classy and I love the terrace with amazing view of lake.

Honored Contributor

I love it! There are some things of course that I would change, and I would probably add more color in some of the spaces, but overall it is a very nice home! 

Honored Contributor

The blue striped carpet and white upholstered furniture look out of place in the library.  Maybe if the furniture was done in a tan shade, but not stark white.

Other than that, the front of the house is missing something BIG.  Looks so bland.

Landscaping would help.  Is there even a pathway or sidewalk to the front door?  Just looks drab, the gray has a lot to do with it.

Honored Contributor

I simply LOVE this home. In many ways it reminds me of my daughter's home. My daughter did renovate her kitchen, though. I think I would need to put some cabinets in the home featured on this thread but overall, I adore the white walls, floors and simple, stream-lined decor...

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm,  @DREAMON mentioned that very thing as well.  They had said in the article that the new landscaping was awaiting better weather in spring to be put in.  I think that would add tremendously.

Also agree the stark white and blue in the library is too harsh a contrast-- more of a "tea-stained" look would be better, I think.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful house!  I would love to have it as a spare ... might even make it my primary residence.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Just absolutely lovely.Spare, primary,I"II take it either way.

Honored Contributor

I like this house and could definitely live here. Of course I'd change a few things, but it's a lovely home with a fantastic view.