Honored Contributor

As much as I admire the rarefied, "fantasy" interiors of established decorators like Albert Hadley, the late Mark Hampton, and Phoebe Howard,  I thoroughly enjoy seeing more realistic, accessible looks as well.  Kristie Barnett, "The Decorologist",  showed her own family's traditional cottage, which I think is charming and has her own stamp.

She has a theory that older, traditional and historic houses don't work with modern neutrals, so she is all for color, yay!   And she is nice enough to give the names of all the paint colors she used in her house.

This sitting room wall color is a historic Benjamin Moore color,  "Prescott Green".  She describes it as an icy green with quite a bit of blue in it.  The table base is painted in Ralph Lauren's "Golden Candlesticks Metallic":

Her adorable kitchen is B. Moore's "Weston Flax", and the trim is "White Heron".  Love the retro booth:

She brought the Prescott Green into the dining room's wainscoting and trim and ceiling, and the walls are Weston Flax.

Her office walls are "Feather Down",  and the trim is Prescott Green.  I like the way she threads bits of the same colors through the rooms for continuity, yet they are used in different proportions:

This enclosed porch is off the sitting room, and the walls and trim are "Dove Wing",  while the ceiling is "Winter Solstice":

The master bedroom's walls are "Violet Mist" and the ceiling is "Whisper Violet":

Now we are upstairs. Her two young daughters' bedrooms look like they could be in the attic.  This one is in B. Moore's historic "Hawthorne Yellow".

Her sister's is in "Crystal Springs"--  but the ceiling and bathtub are in "Hawthorne Yellow"!

https://thedecorologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DSC_8430.jpg

The upstairs bathroom has a pretty toile, and the underside of the sink is painted in "Silver Lake":

I love that she went outside her comfort zone to do her husband's study in HIS favorite colors!  The walls are B. Moore's "Pumpkin Pie", the trim and bookcases are in   "Yellow Tone 370" and the back of the bookcase is "Stem Green".    There's also a more modern, 'stripped down' feeling in here, which I assume is more to his taste:

I would say her style might generally be a bit more romantic or "frou-frou" than my ideal, but I appreciate it, and find her cottage to be delightful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Different, but beautiful colors.   Even though my favorite color is blue, I think the bathroom wallpaper might be a bit much for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Oznell, colors I could live with.  I love the large armoire painted white.  Going to try to do that with mine.   Thanks too for posting the names of the colors too..

Respected Contributor

@OznellThank you for posting the beautiful pictures that you do.  While the homes might not be my particular taste, it is very  entertaining to see them.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I’m moving in! The bathroom wallpaper is a bit busy but what a peaceful, glorious place to live. 

Honored Contributor

I love that you posted this one, @Oznell - a genuine cottagey-looking home.  (We've seen a lot of homes designers and/or owners call "cottages" whereas we mere mortals might be more inclined to call them borderline mansions!) 

I am so happy that she provides the paint color names.  I, for one, love knowing detail like that.

I once was in a home that used three colors very similar to those in the husband's study. It was a craftsman home with wood instead of white or cream baseboards and other trim, and those three colors were used to perfection in making one room flow right into the next.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @GingerPeach -- I could so easily see the hubby's colors in a Craftsman style house-- perfect.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan ---- too much clutter.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Love it.  I just  wouldn’t want to do all the  dusting that goes with it.

Honored Contributor

Love her style (except for the bathroom).