Honored Contributor

Living in a Beach Town ..I usually stay true to my Coastal Surroundings.

I change my coffee table seasonally but in Spring and Summer I have little people running around playing and have to keep the coffee table display at a minimum. 

I have a decorative tissue box, magazines, a few hard cover books, a small bowl with seashells the kids collected... and currently a deck of Old Maid Cards that we played  about 50 times Saturday and Sunday. 

I got stuck with the Old Maid most of the time Woman Wink

This is very me.

37 Best Coffee Table Decorating Ideas and Designs for 2020

Valued Contributor

We have had a huge rectangle coffee table for 40 years (made very well and heavy) that has survived many games played on it (dominoes especially) 3 dogs (lost last one 10 weeks ago) that loved to lay under it with their heads on the crossed area and I have never really felt I knew how to decorate it properly. It ususally has a centerpiece of flowers, or a VPH covered bird lit hurricane or some Christmas centerpiece. No one sits on the sofa so blocking the views would not be a problem. As i look at these posted pics, I realize I need to be more adventuous with items on it.  We cannot sit on the floor and play games on it anymore, as we would be there forever unless someone helped us up or we crawled to a chair to get ourselves up!!!!. .

Esteemed Contributor

Fun post. I'm starting to like ottomons with trays on top. Multi-purpose and space savers. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Oh, that's so pretty, @DREAMON -- thanks for posting a picture of a vignette you like.  I love bleached, weathered wood like they have in both the tray and the table, and more and more I like big, round coffee tables...

@nomar-- so true, ha!

Honored Contributor

This also is something I would choose @Oznell ...I like warm and inviting.

A coastal style vignette - 5 steps to achieve this. Come over to the blog to find out how.

Honored Contributor

I love coffee tables that look like this 

50 Unique Coffee Tables That Help You Declutter and Stylise Your ...

Unusual Glass Top Coffee Table Design in Eco Style

StyleCraft-17 in. H Natural Wood Edge Teak Coffee Cocktail Table Clear Lacquer

(The last one just under $200.00!!!!)

Respected Contributor

I bought a new leather sectional last fall & needed a new coffee table & got this one from Wayfair:

Emilee Coffee Table

Honored Contributor

And that second one you posted has such a rich mix of textures, @DREAMON , as well as yet another great table.

Beautifully rustic and organic, @ECBG -- a super array of woods!  Adds so much soul to any room....

@aubnwa01, great choice--  that is such a handsome table with strong, graphic appeal.  Love light wood against iron or other dark metal...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I wish I could take you to the Guild show.  There are asome "jaw dropping" tables and chairs that take your breath away!

Honored Contributor

My tables all have decor on them, my groupings.  I put photos on top of old books which I have been doing for years.  I have different pieces on the tables, some which go together, some random. I also love to decorate the areas every season .

My favorite picture on this post is the one with the bird on the books, the lovely far and vase, flowers, very appealing!

Also in between my family pictures I place different decor, figurines, china pieces  I love this way of decorating and eyes are drawn to the decor.  People who have visited always say to me, there is so much to look at and I smile.