Respected Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases and Feedback

@PeterDM wrote:
I called because it has been an hour and a half. I had cancelled one of my sets of finials, because I had accidentally chosen green instead of silver. The cancellation came back, but when I tried to order another set of silver finials, and the silver mosaic bowl, I didn't get a confirmation, The operator said both my orders didn't go through, so I ordered the bowl over the phone, and the silver finials had sold out. So, I'll only be getting 2 sets of those. Very aggravating.

I really want the beautiful H205331, silver mosaic bowl & I see you ordered it.  Have you received it yet & if so, your thoughts?  

Respected Contributor

I received the pearl mosaic tree today and I'm not all that happy with it.  The things that I don't like about it are the way the top is formed with mostly grout, how pale the light is and how the light doesn't illuminate the whole tree when choosing some of the colors.  I'm going to try the light with some other decorative items and try a light strand inside the mosaic tree to see if it's worth keeping the whole item for $50.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I received the pearl mosaic tree today and I'm not all that happy with it.  The things that I don't like about it are the way the top is formed with mostly grout, how pale the light is and how the light doesn't illuminate the whole tree when choosing some of the colors.  I'm going to try the light with some other decorative items and try a light strand inside the mosaic tree to see if it's worth keeping the whole item for $50.

Hi Marsha, Sorry to hear you aren't loving the mosaic tree. Ours is as you described, but to me, that is part of the charm of it...more of a soft wash/glow of color and it doesn't scream the bright neon colors. I personally wouldn't want it any brighter. I don't consider the unlit areas on top and the bottom to be a defect.

I'm sure there will be folks on both sides of the fence with this piece since everyone has their own expectations and what they have preference to...

Here's one of the Q's images...the top area and a few rows at the bottom are not lit...which is what I expected Smiley Happy

sssh205286.jpg

Honored Contributor

Marsha, when our room is darker, I can almost see the colored light all the way through the top and bottom like this tree with the green light Smiley Happy

zzzh205286.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Marsha, when our room is darker, I can almost see the colored light all the way through the top and bottom like this tree with the green light Smiley Happy

zzzh205286.jpg

Bingo!  Mine morphs from head-to-toe!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

zzzh205286.jpg

Bingo!  Mine morphs from head-to-toe!!  

Yep, mine too...with darker areas on the top and bottom Smiley Very Happy However, when I have the trees lit in a room with the sun shining and a light on, it looks like the pic above with the pink light on the inside of the tree. I am sure, since these are all hand made, there will be variations. 

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:
I called because it has been an hour and a half. I had cancelled one of my sets of finials, because I had accidentally chosen green instead of silver. The cancellation came back, but when I tried to order another set of silver finials, and the silver mosaic bowl, I didn't get a confirmation, The operator said both my orders didn't go through, so I ordered the bowl over the phone, and the silver finials had sold out. So, I'll only be getting 2 sets of those. Very aggravating.

I really want the beautiful H205331, silver mosaic bowl & I see you ordered it.  Have you received it yet & if so, your thoughts?  

BornToShop, I actually ended up cancelling the bowl.  I just couldn't think of anywhere to put it.  My purchases included 3 set of silver swirl finials, and 2 Kringle Express Ceramic bells.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy anything.  I think I am content with what I have.  I think the square pedestals from as is last year rounded things out.

Regular Contributor

My mom bought the VPH 12 inch glitter color changing angel. I noticed when she had it in the fan mode that after a few second the fan stopped. Is that supposed to happen? Does it turn on in intervals? We didn't want to sit there and stare at it like weirdos. (I waited about two minutes and it hadn't started back up.)

Regular Contributor

@J9 Janine wrote:

My mom bought the VPH 12 inch glitter color changing angel. I noticed when she had it in the fan mode that after a few second the fan stopped. Is that supposed to happen? Does it turn on in intervals? We didn't want to sit there and stare at it like weirdos. (I waited about two minutes and it hadn't started back up.)

My fan cycles in and out. Works beautifully.  There is absolutely no fan noise.

I do have the 10 1/2" angel.  Some reviews for the larger angel do mention fan issues.