Honored Contributor

CHYNNA PHILLIPS GETS A HOUSE

snapshot.jpg

The little balconies over the lush garden give a fairy tale quality.

Chynna Phillips Baldwin, formerly of girl group "Wilson Phillips",  has an online presence, and recently happily announced that her family has bought a house.

maxresdefault.jpg

Surprisingly, given her background, and that of her husband, Billy Baldwin, it is the first house they have actually owned in 14 years.  She stated quite candidly that they experienced financial reverses in the great "crash" of 2008, and have lived in a number of rentals since then.

snapshot.jpg

She describes it as a relatively small house for their family of five (2000 square feet),  and it looks to be a simple, but airy and pleasant Santa Barbara cottage.   But it's the gardens that really struck me!  So lovely, serene, with huge old trees.  

She's the only show biz "celeb" whose videos I check out, and that because of the theology content of many of them.   But she has a tour of her sweet new house and property that is fun to see.  If you google --   Baldwin Home Reveal Is Finally Here!  it will pop up. 

snapshot.jpg

As far as I know, there aren't any still images online of it, so I had to snatch some from the video, which is always less than desirable visually!   It's nice to see this unpretentious, pretty house, and the genuine excitement and relief of this charming woman at having it.

snapshot.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: CHYNNA PHILLIPS GETS A HOUSE

I follow the SB housing market as I have family there.  The home may look unpretentious but I can guarantee you it's pricey.

Respected Contributor

I follow her you tube channel and she films her walks , it looks like a nice ,quiet place to live , as far as California goes. I can only imagine the cost , even being non extravagant. House costs even in the midwest are crazy.

Honored Contributor

Normally I wouldn't watch a whole video, but the house looked so charming that I thought I'd like to see more of it.

I was listening to the radio so I didn't hear the audio, but I did watch the tour.

What a nice home.  There's just so much to like about this house.  And I'd be more than happy to do dishes at that sink and look out at that garden.

Just a really pleasant place.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm a native So.Cal. person relocated to WA and anything in Santa Barbara is pricey. A lovely city.

Honored Contributor

Financial reverses?    Really?    That is a multi-million dollar home.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

There's no question about it, California real estate is through the roof, especially choice areas like Santa Barbara.   That's been a given for years.  By unpretentious, I'm referring to the lack of ostentation and simplicity.

Because of the high costs, she said they had to wait 14 years while they built back up the resources to once more get into the real estate market.  I think they made a very good choice.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Financial reverses?    Really?    That is a multi-million dollar home.......

They must be good at saving. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the house itself. It's got a sweet cottage-like vibe. That said, I've never liked skylights and fast fowarding through the video, the decor itself is just so not among my preferred looks that I'd have to pretty much start over from scratch. I'd prefer a warmer and more cozy look than exists now. Still, a nice piece of property in Santa Barbara, which is an enviable location.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...