Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Oznell   My mother gave me a very old set of blue china with a winter scene. Unfortunately, they're stored so I wasn't able to get a picture.  I do have another old set that really doesn't have a winter scene, but I've often used them for Christmas dinner. They're just pretty.  Like yourself, I'd never invest in an expensive set of dishes that could only be used for Christmas, but I do like a wintry scene. Those you've included are beautiful. I'll try to get a picture of the pinkish/red dishes I mentioned.

@cheriere 

If you know the pattern or manufacturer, many times Replacements will have them out of their thousands of sets.

I've toured their showroom and warehouse.  It's quite something.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere 

Try going through google image.  Do you know how to shrink those?

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

You've shown such pretty patterns!

I've been collecting Lenox Winter Greetings for quite a few years. I love it as much now as I did then.Winter-Tablescape-January-2021.jpg

@DSD2 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  These came out right after I got my hand painted set.  If these had come out earlier, I would have had these!

Honored Contributor

We used to have big Christmas parties for friends and business, but no longer and family is gone.  My Spode sets, Williams Sonoma, Ralph Lauren, and Lenox (love the plaid ones and the traditional Holly) live happily in the attic under the stairs.

We almost always get out one box of the Lenox.  It's something I've decided I don't have to deal with.  Funny but I was thinking about that this morning.  

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 ,  it seems to be one of the most beloved patterns, and I can see why your mother loved it.  I do too.  My mother had only a few pieces, and I wish I knew what happened to them!

Honored Contributor

@2sisters wrote:

@ECBG  I love the Christmas Traditions.  It has a happy feeling. 

@2sisters 

Many thanks!  I WAY over bought (I was in my 30's) but I can now have a back up if I drop a stack.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@cheriere 

Try going through google image.  Do you know how to shrink those?

No, I'm not very tech savvy.  But, my cousin is coming over tomorrow evening and I can her to show me how to do it.  I would've never thought of that either.  I really appreciate your letting me know.  Thanks😊💝💕

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful thread... all of the patterns shown here are just beautiful!

Regular Contributor

I have the whole set of Friendly Village....service for 12.....It was bought as my "china" or good dishes...I use all year...I have had them since 1978.

Valued Contributor

So I just saw this thread and wanted to post a picture of my mother's Holiday china set - it's called "Holly" and it's by Noritake.

I rememembered when she bought it as I was with her at the Noritake store on Guam (my dad was military and we lived there for several years); it was one of our last day living on Guam and the movers were already at the house putting our items in the big crates to ship back to VA.

We use this set starting on Thanksgiving and all the way until New Years.

Noritake Christmas plate.jpg

Note the silverware is "Dover" by Oneida and glasses are "Lismore" by Waterford