Honored Contributor

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.37.28 AM.png

I was noticing that One Kings Lane still has their alluring Christmas wares front and center.  Love Christmas dishes, all the classics, tartan plaid patterns, Spode, etc., but I personally can't justify having them, since I don't have room for a whole set that I can use for a short period of time.

One pattern I might have considered, since people use it all year round, and it has plenty of winter scenes, would be "Friendly Village"--  it's festive all the time, and has sentimental family connections for me--

P0000045611S0305T1.avif

One Kings Lane had a pattern from Portugal that's unfamiliar to me, but so pretty.  It's got that airy, light, kind of fairy tale feeling I like--  "Country Estate" by Juliska.  I like it, even though red wouldn't be my first choice for color--

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.26.50 AM.png

Lighting is making the reds look different in these shots, but it's the same pattern--

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.28.40 AM.png

1638907228703.jpeg

But there are so many great "winter" china patterns.  Do you have a favorite, and if so, do you own any pieces?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHRISTMAS TABLE WARE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   My mother gave me a very old set of blue china with a winter scene. Unfortunately, they're stored so I wasn't able to get a picture.  I do have another old set that really doesn't have a winter scene, but I've often used them for Christmas dinner. They're just pretty.  Like yourself, I'd never invest in an expensive set of dishes that could only be used for Christmas, but I do like a wintry scene. Those you've included are beautiful. I'll try to get a picture of the pinkish/red dishes I mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

Well...I keep trying to post the pics I just took but it keeps saying the file size is too large???

Honored Contributor

There are are a lot of Christmas sets on ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0343.jpegIMG_0070.jpegAlthough technically not winter, I still find these festive to use during the Holidays 

Respected Contributor

Love those winter scenes!  Very pretty.  I only have one set of dishes that hasn't been made for years. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0071.jpegThis is one of the smaller matching plates in the set.

Esteemed Contributor

I am fortunate to have the Lenox holiday pattern. My mom started buying pieces for me when I was in my teens for Christmas. I love it. I get mine out immediately after Thanksgiving and use it until I'm ready to change the table and china cabinet over to "spring".  At that point, I use my mom's wedding china which is a cream with an aqua border. 

I do love the china patterns you have shown.

Respected Contributor

You've shown such pretty patterns!

I've been collecting Lenox Winter Greetings for quite a few years. I love it as much now as I did then.Winter-Tablescape-January-2021.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, boy it's great that you all are giving the patterns you use.

@cheriere ,  that "English Abbey is beautiful!!  I love the serene, timeless country motif, very much my thing, and that softened pink/red.  I like that shade better in yours than in the "Country Estate" pattern. 

@GinaV24 ,  you get wonderful, long use out of your classic "Holiday",  which, were I lucky enough to have it, I would too.  It must give such a festive feeling to take it out around Thanksgiving for the season.  

@DSD2 ,  "Winter Greetings" is a stunner, and another that you could use for a long period of time in the fall/winter.  Do all the plates have that adorable cardinal?  Any china with birds is so appealing...