Respected Contributor

When changing bed sheets.....

Do you wash and put the same set back on ?

OR...Do you take out another clean set to put on ?

I have extra sheet sets but often I will wash and put the same

set back on. They are so nice and fresh . I was wondering if

anyone else does this !

Honored Contributor

I have four sets of sheets that I rotate,  most of my sheets are the Threashold brand from Target, they are not expensive, not sold in sets and have a wonderful feel to the body

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I have 6 sets of sheets.  I put the dirty ones in the wash and get a clean set from the closet so they get rotated.  I have 3 sets of the Threshold sheets from Target and I absolutely love them.

Respected Contributor

I wash and put the same set on. Fresher and less wrinkled. I do this about every 3 days. I ordered yesterday's TSV, I hope I like them.

Although our mattress is fairly deep my bottom sheets always start bunching up in a day or two.

Respected Contributor

I do it either way, if I have a lot of laundry then I will use a clean set.  If my laundry is light, then I will wash and reuse the same set.  I just got three of the reversible ones from the Q and I am enjoying playing with the colors and patterns!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I have a quilt I use March-October and 3 sets of sheets I rotate with that. The sheets are all different colors and sometimes if I'll really feeling a color, I'll wash and remake with the same color. For November-February, I have a fall/winter duvet and fall sheets that match. I usually put winter sheets on in December or January, but this winter has been so warm that I've not used them at all and have been washing and remaking with the fall sheets.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 sets of sheets for our bed - I genberally wash and put back on but sometimes I will change out to the other set for some reason. They both tend to get used. I also have 2 sets for the guest room in case someone actually stays longer than a week, which has only happened once when a friend stayed around 6 weeks while she looked for and bought a home here.

Respected Contributor

I have about 8 sets of sheets, I rotate them. When I change my sheets, I put the dirty ones in the hamper and get a clean sheet from the closet. Once I wash them, I put them at the bottom of the pile and pull from the top.

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I wash and put the same set on. Fresher and less wrinkled. I do this about every 3 days. I ordered yesterday's TSV, I hope I like them.

Although our mattress is fairly deep my bottom sheets always start bunching up in a day or two.

Had that problem for quite a while too, then found a bottom sheet at BedBath&Beyond that works:  the corners stay put on my 18" king size mattress.  The only ' fixing ' I do is pulling the sides as taut as I like them.  I have washed them 10+ times so far:  it did shrink some but the corners stay put.  Since I am away on vacation, I can't go check the name.  Fabric: smooth,soft cotton;  price: approx $ 70 with coupon.    Bottomline, it is extremely comfortable to sleep on and minimizes the daily fight with bottom sheet !!!

Since it's white, it gets washed and put back on:  it makes the color top sheet pop more.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I wash them and put the same set back on. I have an extra set for each bed if needed.