Contributor

I recently had a ceramic tile floor installed in my basement.  It is a dark gray with brown undertones.  Beautiful, beautiful when installed.  However, it picks up dust and dirt like crazy.  I would literally have to wet mop it every day.  Any suggestions on the best cleaner for these tiles.  Also, does anyone know if you have apply anything to help with the dust?  

Honored Contributor

vinegar and water.  I have tile flooring and use bleach and water...dogs and kid....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of tile. We have it in our laundry room and I struggle constantly to keep it clean. 

Honored Contributor

Any very dark surface be it tile, hardwood, or Pergo is going to show every speck of dust. That's why it's usually recommended that people go with a medium shade. That's why I'd never have black granité or appliances. I live in a dusty place.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a variety of floor surfaces in my home. I would recommend the Don Astlett dusting mop. I would not wet mop the floor every day. This dry mop has a wider head and picks up all that fine dust. (the microfiber pads are washable)  There are a variety of products on the market for tile floors but nothing is going to prevent the dust from showing. You need to be careful because some of these products can make the tile surface slick if it gets wet or if you are just wearing socks.  At last resort, I would ask the sales rep what they recommend.  I just use my Astlett duster and they look great. I steam mop them about once a month or moe depending on the dogs and kids. Hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

I swiffer my ceramic tile and laminate flooring once a week.   I use my floor steamer on the ceramic tile, as well as mop with a general cleaner occasionally.   

Honored Contributor

I have alot of ceramic tile in my home, i find it easy to keep clean,i have 3 dogs, carpet is just not good if you have dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.