Honored Contributor

Re: CAROLYNE ROEHM'S CONNECTICUT DREAM

Personally, I do not care for her taste.  Do not like any of the living areas furniture, colors, decor.  I do like the Conservatory.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Yes she was stunning and her Connectcut house is stunning.  A graceful time gone by

Respected Contributor

@Oznell .....Carolyne Roehm - Author, Designer, Personality

Honored Contributor

Whoa, luxe living, @tobes!

@Sooner,  I don't subscribe, but when I have come across it I've drooled on cue.  Unlike some magazines, they have kept their standards up and are a visual feast and pleasure, cover to cover!

Respected Contributor

Oh my, what is there not to like.

Honored Contributor

I do appreciate the beauty of this home but it is a bit cold for my liking. I do like the conservatory.

Honored Contributor

Fair enough, @DREAMON.  That's one point (the possible coldness) I wouldn't necessarily disagree with.   Especially that two story room-- all the white, and the double height ceilings, could be considered cold.  If the house were mine, though, I'd just repair to that cozy paneled den or other rooms when I felt that.  In summer though, I'd probably enjoy it. 

The overall romanticism, and exquisiteness, of a house like that, just appeals to me regardless of my quibbles with certain rooms....

Respected Contributor

Love this home, inside and out.

It's a winner for me!

Honored Contributor

Just looking at the exterior of the house and the surrounding gardens, I knew the inside would suit me, it does!  I love everything, the furniture, decor, wall paintings, all the books, the placement of everything down to the smallest detail!  This is elegance I could easily surround myself with, just stunning!

Esteemed Contributor

This is far from my style but, for the most part, it is well put together.  LOVE the conservatory.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown