Respected Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA BEACHSIDE KITCHEN

@Oznell 

I find the kitchen area, nook & family room to be the most useful & attractive spaces.  I would replace the brass fixtures in the kitchen though (I consider them to be "trendy") & replace with either black or brushed chrome.  While I like the ceiling, I see much potential for cobwebs there, creating a cleaning nightmare.  As for the family room, I like the style, however, for me it looks too crowded with furnishings.

The living room & library .. I don't care for some of the furnishings & accent pieces.  None of the rugs in any rooms fit the style IMO.  I'm not a fan of this library, just not appealing.

Overall though, the home has many attractive qualities.  Would love to see the view also.  Thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe,  I'm right there with you on every point you make! The elegant understatement of all the structural elements just get to me too.  I could live in that dark sink, ha.   How observant of you to note the possible double everything/ kosher kitchen connection.

I'm somewhat conflicted about brass fixtures too, @sceniccoast ,  only because in the last five or 10 years brass has surged back with such a vengeance, becoming almost ubiquitous.  But I've ALWAYS been a brass person, decade in and decade out, whether it's trendy, or despised (as it was not too long ago).  Raw brass, that gets that warm, 'smoky' look over time, is so beautiful to me.

One thing about that kitchen I'd change--   the loooooong island.   Homeowners seem to be so enamored of big islands, especially if they have large families.  But I prefer a shortened one to more easily scoot around from point to point...  

Honored Contributor

I do really like this. At first I was like well it is ok, kind of bland, but the more I looked the more I liked, and I really like the fact that it is different from most of the Beach homes you see that are done in Blue and White, and definitely Beachy themes! 

I would add a bit more color to this home, but otherwise I really like it, I could be quite happy here!

Honored Contributor

I like this very much, however, I don't love the white oak cabinetry.  I getting that "pickled" wood feel that I've never been a big fan of.

Generally I don't care for brass fixtures because they are usually coated, and over time they get funky-- the coating starts to peel, then they discolor where the coating is gone.  However, the unpolished brass has piqued my interest.  I think I would love it once it started to develop a patina, which given the properties of brass, wouldn't take long.

I absolutely love the reclaimed French limestone floors!!!

I like the rest of the house as well.

Honored Contributor

I am not loving the white oak cabinets. Maybe I would like them more in person.

I do like the calm feel of the home. It is well done and welcoming.

Respected Contributor

I love it.  Casual elegance, beautifully done.  I agree with @Oznell the one thing I'd change is a shorter island for ease of moving from one side to the other in that amazing kitchen.  

Otherwise, the rugs, furniture, high ceilings (they are easy to keep clean, have had them), soft colors, everything = love.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

That's what's nice about these threads .. our differences of opinions & style.  In any home, while we decorate differently, many still do agree on styles.  I do realize my taste doesn't match the "norm" of most posters here.  And that's ok, I respect the differences.  I appreciate the honesty here.

Everyone:  hope your weather is better today.  Enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Another stunner! 

Honored Contributor

I do love all the room and space and the library has appeal except for the artwork. The windows throughout are very nice.  That's about it for me, I do not care for much else.

Respected Contributor

I love it all and if I found anything to gripe about, I'd not complain for the rest of it is perfect.  I love the large kitchen prep space with clean up on the other side.  So much storage.  Everything about it speaks to me in its warmth, simplicity and character.