Honored Contributor

I guess the rationale behind buying an adorable log cabin and then painting all the interior logs white and filling it with a bunch of bland modern-ish furniture and accessories tends to escape me... I could see wanting to lighten and brighten and I could even see painting some of the interior architectural elements, but there are a few too many compromises here for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove 

I never have liked the look of "orange logs" either.  

I prefer this look.  Square hewn and brown; however if they have to have the white cement or whatever between them on the inside, that's unacceptable to me.

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Re: CABIN KITCHEN

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@ScarletDove 

I never have liked the look of "orange logs" either.  

I prefer this look.  Square hewn and brown; however if they have to have the white cement or whatever between them on the inside, that's unacceptable to me.

No photo description available.

@ECBG   Agree, natural logs more appealing...I believe the concrete packing between logs is to hold and protect insulation.

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove 

My friend and her DH had a large log cabin kit built.  She said the house kept close to the same humidity as the outside.  No thanks!

Honored Contributor
I think it’s gorgeous. As always, I’d add more color to the decor.

I am totally fine with no curtains if I don’t have neighbors.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@ScarletDove 

My friend and her DH had a large log cabin kit built.  She said the house kept close to the same humidity as the outside.  No thanks!

@ECBG   Unfortunately, that would not be to my liking.   I have lived in the DC/MD suburbs all my life, the humidity in summer is abominable and AC runs all summer.  DC has always been a swamp, one way or another...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   @LIG1   @Judaline   Inspired by this thread, the $10 off $37 coupon, and a reviewer who said the runners looked too vintage, I bought two of H273343. 2'x6' washable runners. Not for kitchen.

Screenshot (102).png

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

I am totally fine with no curtains if I don’t have neighbors.

Same here, but at night I can't get past the feeling someone's looking in at me! I go in my closet to change clothes. 

Honored Contributor

Would love to hear your review of them, when you get them, @PickyPicky3 !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell    @LIG1   @Judaline 

The runners arrived today. They are very.....strange. 

First, these are 2'x6' runners, 65% polyester/35% cotton, made in Turkey. No nonslip backing, which makes them washable.

They are a standard big box store quality. The reverse side is solid grey. There is a pale traditional design on the front face.

Someone decided by sewing heavy off-white yarn every 1/3" horizontally across the rug, it would look "vintage." Maybe if you are 20' tall and very nearsighted.  Otherwise, no. There are 216 white lines going across each rug.

IMG_20230607_150428_HDR[1666] (3).jpg

They make me think of an artificial intelligence created design that didn't work. On the QVC video they looked like a possibility. In person, the runners are downright bizarre.

The rugs were shipped separately, each with its own return label.