Honored Contributor

I'm not a cabin girl, but I don't like the white painted logs. Seems contrary to the purpose of a cabin? Maybe leaving the walls the original color with a white ceiling would be better? I like the exterior, floors, white cabinets and dark kitchen countertops. I would need to add some more color and warmth.

Honored Contributor

Nice array of quite different reactions to this cabin!

I can't agree with changing the spare, "under-decorated" vibe of the space.  To me, that's part of its ethereal charm, integral to the type of dwelling it is, and partly what lifts it above the myriad of look-alike kitchens out there.

Interestingly, some of the rooms in the cabin were not whitewashed or painted.  Personally, although a lover of wood in all its forms, I didn't care for them as much.  They were still pleasant, but lacked that other-worldly radiance, ha.

Honored Contributor

Here are two examples in the cabin of the untreated logs I was thinking of--

Even the paler ceiling doesn't really make it better for me--

Log+Cabin_005.jpg

Don't care for the brown logs in this bath--

Log+Cabin_008.jpg

On the other hand, for some reason, I really liked this bath below, which combined the white wood, with deep chocolate brown tile--

Log+Cabin_002.jpg

Honored Contributor

What kind of tub do you think that is? I like the fridge, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Why isn't that runner covered with stains the way it would be if I lived there?

@PickyPicky3, if I were to guess, I bet the runner is by Ruggable. Their rugs can be pricey, but are stain-resistant and washable. HeartSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not typically my style,  but VERY PRETTY.  Love the black cabinets (not the little lamp) and the clean lines.  Even though a lot of this would not be my first choice,  I could definitely live and work in this kitchen. 

Thanks for sharing.  

Respected Contributor

@LIG1   I've never heard of Ruggables. I checked out their website and they certainly are interesting and pretty. I couldn't find the fabric content. They claim their 8x10 rugs can be washed in a standard washer. 

But it seems, if you don't want a stain to set in, the rug would have to be washed fairly often. Even if it's described as "stain resistant."

Have you ever owned one?

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Here are two examples in the cabin of the untreated logs I was thinking of--

Even the paler ceiling doesn't really make it better for me--

Log+Cabin_005.jpg

Don't care for the brown logs in this bath--

Log+Cabin_008.jpg

On the other hand, for some reason, I really liked this bath below, which combined the white wood, with deep chocolate brown tile--

Log+Cabin_002.jpg

@Oznell 

Again, the logs have been stained darker than their natural color....do not like the stain!

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Why isn't that runner covered with stains the way it would be if I lived there?

@PickyPicky3, if I were to guess, I bet the runner is by Ruggable. Their rugs can be pricey, but are stain-resistant and washable. HeartSmiley Happy

I have one similar in my laundry room. Actually two butted up against each other. People go in and out the outer door a lot and I do laundry in there and the rugs have never spotted or stained. Dunno what the heck they are made of. I got them at Home Goods one day in a hurry. Great buy!.

Honored Contributor

I love it!  Everything about it - colors, floors, desgin.  Its all wonderful.