Honored Contributor

Re: CABIN IN SEWANEE, TENNESSEE

I thought I'd seen this home in a magazine and sure enough it popped up in one of the Cottage periodicals. It's an impressive structure with some lovely furniture and some nice fixed elements, but overall, there's too much aged and distressed wood and too many neutrals for me to really like the place. I'm also not much of a fan of some of their decorating choices, but clearly, this home is a labor of love for those who live there.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Ha, funny you should say that, @faeriemoon --  I was relieved to see no animal heads in that terrific great room, but.....

bingo, right in the sleeping loft (it doesn't show in the picture I posted.)  I give them some points, b/c it's not a real animal head--  it's a whimsical, stylized little sculpture.

But I"m not thrilled with these representations either.  Designers seem to love them in rustic settings.

I really hate it when they have large, real turtle shells displayed around also...

Trusted Contributor

So full of charm and authenticity. I especially love the bookshelves in the hallway. Unexpected in such a rustic home, but look like they belong. I love it all! 

Trusted Contributor

I would probably use the upstairs loft for storage if I could get stuff up there...closets weren't in cabins built back then.

Honored Contributor

It speaks COZY---I like it!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”