Honored Contributor

Buying a mattress/box spring....

is a horrible job! 

I know everyone is looking for something different, but we needed a new set for my son's room. I didn't want to spend a fortune. About six years ago, we purchased ours from a place I had never seen before they opened a store locally. It is called Denver Mattress Company. Made in Denver, lots of price ranges, and they sell other brands in their stores too. 

We have been really happy with ours (which was quite a bit more expensive that what we got today) so I went there for the new set for son's room.

Just spring cleaned the room, put the new bedding in and made up the bed. I love a totally clean room, it feels so good!

Just thought I'd mention the company for those looking (or will be in the future). One reason I liked them is you have four months to get a full refund or full credit towards another mattress if you aren't happy with what you choose. Months 5-8 you get a 75% credit toward choosing another and months 9-12, you get 50% credit toward choosing another. Plus a 15 year warranty, not pro rated. 

Our six year old mattress still feels like new.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying a mattress/box spring....

I've heard of that store, but not sure where/how.  Maybe we have one here. Mattress shopping is no fun.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a Denver mattress set, too. It was the only place that had the extra fill/padding on both sides of the mattress making it flippable. It's 10 yrs old and still feels nice. 

Honored Contributor

We just bought a new mattress about 1 1/2 years ago. I was surprised when the associate told us that all the new bed don't have a box springs. Unless you want an old fashioned mattress the new ones just set on a board. I love ours! But we had to set our bed frame on its highest setting but I still love my new fangled bed! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio Wow, that's a wonderful guarantee !!

Bringing You Down

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

We'll never sleep on another box spring. Foam on a board for us. 

Honored Contributor

Like @violann I love memory foam because it's so easy on my aching joints and back.  I have one now and when it's time for a new one, I'm getting a Casper Mattress.  I've read hundreds of reviews of all brands and have chosen this one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

After switching to a platform and hybrid mattress (combination of wrapped innersprings and memory foam) last spring, I'd doubt we'll ever switch back to a tradtional box spring and mattress set up.  Our last set wasn't cheap (just a few years prior) and ended up being very uncomfortable.  It needed an additional topper just to make it OK.  I did a lot of research before purchasing our current bed and ended up ordering a very highly rated king mattress for Wayfair for around $500.  Never in a million years did I think I'd ever do such a thing, but I did and it turned out to be one of the best, if not the best, online purchases I've ever made.  Getting into bed, one of us usually makes a comment about how good the bed feels and how much we love it.