Respected Contributor

Buying Window Treatments On-Line

There doesn't seem to be many B&M stores in my area that have a vast variety of window treatments. Can someone please offer recommendations for buying window treatments on-line. I'm looking for web site names who may specialize in valances that are a decent quality and price. Have you bought from this "store" and your opinions.

TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: Buying Window Treatments On-Line

Hi coffee drinker! Without knowing your decorating style I'll just toss a few ideas out there. I'm shopping for curtains now too and it's daunting, because the B&M stores around me have very little selection to see.

I have purchased from http://www.countryporch.com/ and the quality was excellent, shipping was a bit slow, but as long as you know that ahead of time it shouldn't be an issue.

I also bought from Bed Bath & Beyond since the online selection is much greater than in-store and if you have one near you returns can be made there rather then sending back. Same goes for Kohl's and JC Penney too. I just happen to like that option. In fact any B&M store that has a website just might have something you like and can order.

I also get catalogs from http://www.countrycurtains.com . They have nice things too, but I haven't ordered from them.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Esteemed Contributor

I've had success with www.blindsgalore.com. I used them for my Hunter Douglas blinds--much cheaper than local stores like Home Depot and Lowes. I don't think they sell Hunter Douglas anymore, but they have other brands/styles and usually free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

CountryCurtainsdotcom. large selection of valences. very good quality
Honored Contributor

Yep, Country Curtains. I've purchased from them a few times and have never been disappointed. They use quality fabric and the workmanship is uncompromised. If you are looking for blinds, I highly recommend blinds dot com. Even if you measure incorrectly, they will accept the return, make it right for you, and not charge extra.

Super Contributor

I am in the market for woven valances or blinds, and like my local Penney's selection. They have some good sales. I have purchased from Country Curtains, and quality was good.

Esteemed Contributor

JCP !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Jcp is having a big sale today only. I bought the rest of my curtains for 45% off. Check them out.