Respected Contributor

Re: Burning Candles?

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella 

Glad to hear you pleased with Aldi candles.  I have not tried - they sell quickly.  Where are they made?  Is the wick soy?

In enjoy using an electric candle warmer that is like a hot plate....still get nice fragrance.

Esteemed Contributor

I only burn the seasonal three wick candles from B&BB; all others are exclusively Luminaras.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia    A suggestion:  Try Armoa Natural candles.  Hand made and not high priced.  The fragrance comes from natural essential oils.  I love so many of their products.  Hand sanitizer, room spray  and of course, their candles.  Peppermint and vanilla candle is white and so nice that is one of my favorites.  The company is based in California and the people are very nice.  Check it out.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom  I do not know where they're made but I did find this online about the wick.

Are Aldi candles made of soy?

Not only does the candle use soy wax, but the makers go one step further to create a sustainable product, using natural, cotton-linen wicks.
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Twins Mom  I do not know where they're made but I did find this online about the wick.

Are Aldi candles made of soy?

Not only does the candle use soy wax, but the makers go one step further to create a sustainable product, using natural, cotton-linen wicks.

my Aldi candle says "soy blend" Made in USA

Honored Contributor

I am interested in what brands people like the most.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am interested in what brands people like the most.

@goldensrbest My favs are:

Pure Integrity-smell great, burn great and are soy based...

Sand+Fog-smaller company, soy based, smell wonderful and are reasonably priced, you can also find them in some Homegoods stores!

West Elm Candles-kind of pricey, but smell so good and burn great!

Magnolia-Skip and Joanna company. They have great candles, they smell really good, kind of a more subtle scent, not overpowering at all and they burn really nice!

Homeworx-love Harry's candles, they smell sooo good and burn really nicely!

Partylite-for their votives and tea lights-love their scents!  

Regular Contributor

For anyone interested ~ there is an extra twenty percent off the already on sale price of candles at Goose Creek Candle Company right now.  

Honored Contributor

I have an active 8 year old in the house so no candles for us.  I use wax melts.  I get a cleaner fragrance that lasts longer than a candle., the holders I use give off a nice warm glow and there's a timer.  

Respected Contributor

No candles for us. My husband has problems with his sinuses. I use Slatkin plug-ins. Works for us.