Trusted Contributor

im a bath and body works nut  lol only burn there candles and love them... get them when they have a big sale, they are expensive.. i have at least 25... love all the scents.. i burn them everyday for at least 5 or so hrs..i tried goose creek candles, i found bath and body works to be stronger..

Esteemed Contributor

My candle stash is quite large, and I am burning three right now.  I am in good company!

@CANDLEQUEEN , thank you for weighing in.  I remember your thread "What are you burning?".

Thank you to everyone who has responded.  It's nice to share experiences (in lieu of a gift, I suppose!).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

My candle stash is quite large, and I am burning three right now.  I am in good company!

@CANDLEQUEEN , thank you for weighing in.  I remember your thread "What are you burning?".

Thank you to everyone who has responded.  It's nice to share experiences (in lieu of a gift, I suppose!).

@Sweetbay magnolia I always love threads about candles. Will probably start a thread- what are you burning sometime this winter again! lol....

Honored Contributor

Re: Burning Candles?

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay 

@wagirl 

I don't burn candles much anymore either. I used to do it more, but I stopped several years ago. Earlier this year, I donated all my unused candles and some holders. I kept a few for decorative purposes and in case of a power outage, but I don't usually burn them. 

Respected Contributor

I stopped burning candles years ago when I got my first bird.  The essential oils that are used in candles can be very toxic to our pet birds and other pets.  I'm not even sure that they are that good for our respiratory systems.  

I even make sure that my flameless candles are unscented.  I've seen a few cases on my bird forums where someone's bird died after the owner used an essential oil burner.  I get upset that the manufacturers fail to point out the dangers of using these products if you have a bird in the house.

As a few others have stated, I also worried about forgetting that I had them burning and leaving the house or going to bed.  

With my flameless candles I may not have the lovely aroma in my house but I can still enjoy the ambiance without the worry.

Regular Contributor

I recently discovered Goose Creek candles too~ and I love them.  Love that they are soy wax blend, lead free wicks, safe to burn, and made in the USA.  They burn clean and evenly.  Also love that I can smell the scent throughout my home through the life of the candle.  If interested, watch for sales.  They have some great ones.  

Honored Contributor

Have any of you tried the Opal House from Target, I saw them today at a bigger  store...look similar to BBW but very big scent throw even thru a mask

$10 each

Valued Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  I love the ritual of candles. I can only use soy based candles. Fall/winter are my favorite time to enjoy this experience. Although, I limit the burn time to 2.5 hours. I use Wax Melts more often and have found many small companies that provide beautiful scents and great throw. 

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I recently purchased Goose Creek candles for the first time. Got several

of them in mid summer that were on clearance. All three that I have

burned since they arrived are really strong scented and they carry

throughout the house.

I used to be a huge fan of Bath and Body's candles but I really like

these even more.

i've been buying bbw candles for years....just received my second order from goose creek....my daughter and i like them much better....and they have good sales.....

Esteemed Contributor

I only buy Goose Creek - best scents, clean, and made in USA. I use wax melters and overhead bulb melters for jars because of hubby's breathing issues....they seem to work fine for him (instead of lighting the wicks). Have bought Swan Creek candles too, and they're very nice as well.