Honored Contributor

I don't like them and yet it seems that among the well heeled building huge houses they've become the norm. I suppose if you feel you absolutely have to have one, this is at least appealing... Smiley Surprised  Smiley LOL

shome_image017_RGB_1080x1504_2018661.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That design is popular here in beach homes on the Gulf.

For kids

It's well done, looks good

Honored Contributor

I've always loved beds like this. Even if it's just one and not a bunk room. I send to have a folder for decorating with rooms I liked. These type were always there. And yes, especially good for vacation homes with families.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bunkroom...

[ Edited ]

Adorable.  Looks so comfy and safe.  This would be wonderful for a vacation home with rental possibilities for a lot of people with kids.  The kids would love it.

Honored Contributor

I don't like bunk beds or these kinds of rooms. Just not appealing. I guess if you have a lot kids and a lack of space, it's one solution. Those steps look awfully steep and there's not a lot of space for your foot. 

My parents squeezed 3 twin beds into a long narrow upstairs bedroom for my sisters and me. That room served us well into our young adult years. 

Honored Contributor

It's adorable....for kids!

This is what I imagine....wealthy grandparents purchase a big home at the beach for their adult children and grandchildren to visit.  The house is large enough to accommodate everyone for those special family getaways or a nice big holiday get together.... 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of bunk beds but I do like this display very much!  I especially like the stairs in between the beds which is clever and unique as opposed to a ladder to the upper bunks.  It is definitely appealing the way it is designed and set up and looks comfortable! Very nice!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  I'm also a fan of the red, white and blue theme!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen them done occasionally on a remodel or house flipping type show on HGTV.  Personally, I don't care for the look but this one is probably the prettiest one I've seen.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Doesn't make sense to put a room like that in a huge house. I could see it in the upper level of a summer cottage where all the cousins visit. I'd put a light on the wall outside the bunks, but not in those tiny spaces. It actually is a cute concept.