Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bunking Together in the "Woods"

My son has a bunk bed....so cool and such a space saver.....sadly, he will need a bigger bed asap!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

They're both cute rooms... but I have absolutely no desire to have a house with a 'bunk room'... I never want that many visitors at the same time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Love both (except for the color green) - kids would have a great time!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think the girls room one is an excellent option say for those that have a extra room with a lot of space for overnight quests of all ages. Stairs in between is a great option instead of those ridiculous ladders - almost anyone could get up to the top bunks, if not, there is always the bottom. And, I like the full rails too - where you get on the bed from the end.

and, definitely agree about the ceiling - nice!!

I was thinking the same thing on all counts. What a great idea for guests. 

I like the boys room too but the girls setup is better. 

Honored Contributor

Both so cute.

Honored Contributor

If I were a kid I would love those rooms.  I prefer the girls' room because I don't really like the color/fabric scheme of the boys's room.  However, the built-in berths in the boys' room are very cool.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I love the white one, the 1st picture has too much green in it, and I am still unsure of Bunk Bed's, my brother and I had them and I can still hear him crying when he fell off the top bunk one night.

We used to visit my uncle's cabin in the woods, no running water, outhouse, and we slept in sleeping bags on the floor in front of a wood burning fireplace, now that was camping, and some of the best memories and days of my life, of course when we entered into our teenage years we did nothing but complain as we just wanted to be at home with our friends, now what I would not do to have that time in my life back for a couple of weeks every year, you never know how good it is until it is gone.

Bunk beds are made with a safety rail - always. Why wasn't it there?

Honored Contributor

Little girls room would be great for slumber parties.