Honored Contributor

Bunking Together in the "Woods"

a room for boys and one for girls (not from the same house).

Respected Contributor

Re: Bunking Together in the "Woods"

[ Edited ]

I love the vaulted barn wood ceiling and white bunk beds and everything about that room (:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like both.  Especially like the stairs to get to the top.  

We didn't camp like this in the woods when we were small.  This would have been great.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

They're both cute rooms, although I don't like that shade of green for a whole room. The white room does not look like camping at all, it looks like a little girl's bedroom.  

When I camped as a kid we slept in a tent.  My brother and I slept in sleeping bags, on top of air mattresses.  My parents on the other hand, brought a double size mattress, with sheets and blankets. Much cozier for cuddling. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I love the white one.  

The green one is nice.  I can do without the plaid though 

Esteemed Contributor

I love the white one, the 1st picture has too much green in it, and I am still unsure of Bunk Bed's, my brother and I had them and I can still hear him crying when he fell off the top bunk one night.

We used to visit my uncle's cabin in the woods, no running water, outhouse, and we slept in sleeping bags on the floor in front of a wood burning fireplace, now that was camping, and some of the best memories and days of my life, of course when we entered into our teenage years we did nothing but complain as we just wanted to be at home with our friends, now what I would not do to have that time in my life back for a couple of weeks every year, you never know how good it is until it is gone.

Honored Contributor

I like the boys room best.   

Esteemed Contributor

Girls room is my fav.  I really like the light fixture. 

Boys room doesn't appeal to me as that green color is not for me.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I think the girls room one is an excellent option say for those that have a extra room with a lot of space for overnight quests of all ages. Stairs in between is a great option instead of those ridiculous ladders - almost anyone could get up to the top bunks, if not, there is always the bottom. And, I like the full rails too - where you get on the bed from the end.

and, definitely agree about the ceiling - nice!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I love the white one, the 1st picture has too much green in it, and I am still unsure of Bunk Bed's, my brother and I had them and I can still hear him crying when he fell off the top bunk one night.

We used to visit my uncle's cabin in the woods, no running water, outhouse, and we slept in sleeping bags on the floor in front of a wood burning fireplace, now that was camping, and some of the best memories and days of my life, of course when we entered into our teenage years we did nothing but complain as we just wanted to be at home with our friends, now what I would not do to have that time in my life back for a couple of weeks every year, you never know how good it is until it is gone.

I love the look of both these rooms, but I would be the one crying if I had to change the sheets and make up these bunk beds. Oh no!