Honored Contributor

Re: Built Ins with the Blues

While I like the built ins I would prefer they be all one color.  I am not a fan of painting wood.  The blue takes away from the decor and is too harsh looking.

Respected Contributor

I like the combination of blue and brown together, so I like this room. I think I woud like it more if the blue were just a bit less intense of a blue.

In a side comment - I still remember one of my favorite dresses from second grade at 6 years old.  It was a Dan Rivers blue and brown plaid dress!

Esteemed Contributor

Blue is my favorite color but this shade is cooler and harsh against the wooden built ins. It's not for me.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I don't like the blue.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono   I think the royal blue is too distracting In the built in cabinets.  Maybe if it was more like the blue-gray in the valance on the window it would be more appealing.   Just my opinion.   

Esteemed Contributor

I think the room would be charming without the blue.  I find that shade to be garish (unless it's just coming across that way on my screen).  To me, this space requires a subtle, soft shade.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

The blue does make the cabinetry pop.  I'm just not crazy about the color cabinetry.  I'd rather it had the white.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This space is experiencing an identity crisis, IMO. It seems as though there is too much going on, and none of it makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the blue backing at all - it's just too dark for me, especially with the darker brown wood of the cabinetry. I agree with the others that a paler, softer shade of blue would look more pleasing to the eye.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono. Lovely room, however, that shade of blue is too much.  It takes away from everything else.  A shade with just a hint of blue would work nicely.