Super Contributor

Re: Built Ins with the Blues

I think I would pick up that light gray blue in the carpet instead of that "in your face" blue.

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand this room at all.  Looks like they covered the wood backing with the blue and the white divider is jarring.  I am no professional decorator or student of design, just know what is pleasing to me.

Valued Contributor

It depends on the color combination for me.  It does add a pop of color to the room.

Valued Contributor

You're right.  If the built in were white then the blue would look better.  That's what I meant by color combinations.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I see the built-in theme continues... These are relatively awful... Too much going on... You've got the white built-ins to the left with a brown wooden surface then you've got the brown wooden built-ins with the too blue backs... Make up your mind... Either way, the blue backs don't have much appeal... It's too bright a shade and there's too much of it... They might well have been trying to tie it in with the chair cushions and that eye-popping seating piece in the sitting area, but it doesn't work, though perhaps a slightly less brilliant shade would have... I do like the window shades... Maybe they should have opted for that shade of blue...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If they just had to have blue, a lighter, softer blue would have worked better with the gold/tan area rug, while not detracting from the woodwork and the otherwise mostly white adjoining room. The couch looks like it has some lighter blue, too, they could have matched-up.  Frankly, I'd find this blue unattractive, almost anywhere. And, I generally love blue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The blue is a distraction. don't care for it at all .....and the whole room in general is odd---the white cabinets on this side, and then and wooden cabinets and table and chairs on the other side is just not coordinated very well..... it's like two different rooms with different design themes....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Boy that doesn't even match with anything in the room. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t like the blue behind the built-ins at all. My guess is they’re trying to tie it in with the blue furniture in the adjoining room. Didn’t work IMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just NO!

Could have picked a color from the rug.