Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: Brick & Pink Living Room

I like it!  I hope there is also a comfy couch somewhere in there! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

LOVE IT! Different yet tasteful! Mixing and matching textures, colors and patterns is not easy; but this works for me.  I usually go for a warmer environment. But, for some reason, even with the "cold" floor it feels inviting.  I'd probably add a few more rugs to tie it all together, in varying similar colors.

Honored Contributor

Clever, playful, retro feeling.  I think the nice play of many contrasting textures keeps it from being "cold" and keeps it interesting.  Well done!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

It's pretty, but I am not a fan of interior brick walls, and I have one in my kitchen....and my husband is a brick mason.

That particular wall looks like antique brick or a very sloppy job that wasn't cleaned Cat LOL

But I'm looking at that wood all stacked up, and wondering if people are using fake wood, or cleaning it before it is brought inside Cat LOL

While it adds visual interest, anyone who burns wood in their fireplace will tell you to NEVER stack wood inside for a variety of reasons.

Valued Contributor

While I wouldn't want it in my own home, I really like it. 

Respected Contributor

With pink being the color or the year I have been seeing more and more pink furniture popping up and many pieces seem like easy neutrals to work with.

Honored Contributor

Not being a big fan of pink I am surprised I really like this.

The shade of pink is lovely and the room is very well done.

I love brink or stone accent walls in homes. 

Honored Contributor

No, I don't like anything about it.  Looks cold, uncomfortable and if that picture is of the owner, the nest of a narcissist. . . Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

It's a very feminine nest, and I'm not normally attracted to pink decor, but dangit, I like this.  Perfect for a younger, single, stylish woman.