Respected Contributor
On 8/15/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I had quite a few bears and now realize it was such a waste of money. The only people that made out are Boyds Bears and QVC.

I will NEVER buy that household dust collector stuff again. I can't even give them away. (I guess I can box them up and give to Goodwill like I did the dolls).

Lol. You are not alone. In fact, I'm surprised Boyds was still making the bears. I sure as heck don't care if they ever make another bear.

Honored Contributor

Very sad! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I have a couple of plush cats made by Boyd's Bears. One is very special because the kitty has the same name as my mom on her tag, and was given to me by a friend as a special tribute after my mom passed away....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I have many Boyds bears both plush and figurines. I love each one because they are all different and bring back a special memory for me as to how I got them. Some I bought, and some were gifts from special people. Loved the shows on QVC and always tried to make time so I could watch them they were always so much fun. The figurines I keep in my curio and the plush have a home in my guest room, and the kids who come to visit know they have many bears to play with and they love it. Brings back such fun memories when QVC use to have real collectible shows unlike what they offer today.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/15/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

I had quite a few bears and now realize it was such a waste of money. The only people that made out are Boyds Bears and QVC.

I will NEVER buy that household dust collector stuff again. I can't even give them away. (I guess I can box them up and give to Goodwill like I did the dolls).

If you are giving them away, and they are figurines, not the plush, please send them to me.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/18/2014 Preds said:
On 8/17/2014 colliegirls said:

Some of my favorite memories of QVC are the Boyd's Bear shows with MaryBeth and Gary. They were hysterical and the bears were always adorable!!!

And I always bought something. Cats, bears, figurines ...... didn't matter because I loved them all. Smile

Me too! I loved everything that I purchased. One of my best QVC Boyds memories is from a live audience show that I attended with my (late) Mom. After the show, Gary did a signing and everyone went down to the stage area to have their bear/cat/figurine/whatever signed. My Mom couldn't make it down all of the steps (we sat in the top row during the show as she was walking with a cane) and Gary saw her up there and left the stage to come up to see her, give her a hug, and have a couple of pictures taken with her. She was THRILLED and he was so kind and gracious.

Cindy

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/20/2014 FlyersGirl said:
On 8/18/2014 Preds said:
On 8/17/2014 colliegirls said:

Some of my favorite memories of QVC are the Boyd's Bear shows with MaryBeth and Gary. They were hysterical and the bears were always adorable!!!

And I always bought something. Cats, bears, figurines ...... didn't matter because I loved them all. Smile

Me too! I loved everything that I purchased. One of my best QVC Boyds memories is from a live audience show that I attended with my (late) Mom. After the show, Gary did a signing and everyone went down to the stage area to have their bear/cat/figurine/whatever signed. My Mom couldn't make it down all of the steps (we sat in the top row during the show as she was walking with a cane) and Gary saw her up there and left the stage to come up to see her, give her a hug, and have a couple of pictures taken with her. She was THRILLED and he was so kind and gracious.

Cindy

That is a touching story about Gary and a wonderful memory for you.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sad to read this. We visited Pigeon Forge Tennessee one year in February. They had just opened a huge Boyd's Bear Country barn. It was three stories and had the largest stone fireplace I have ever seen, with a roaring fire burning. It was cold and snowing outside, but the inside of that warm barn, with all those beautiful bears was a magical place. I was so sad when it closed just about one year later. After that, it seemed like things changed drastically for the Boyd's Bear phenomenon as things were never the same.