Super Contributor

Bought another Little Steamer from HSN

This was a great product, cant believe how they did Joy, could have just refined her line instead.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bought another Little Steamer from HSN

It's hard to judge since we don't know the back story.  She could have made unreasonable demands or maybe QVC's offer was too low.  Maybe they just don't want her or her merchandise, most of which was shoddy.

Don't worry about her; she's sure to pop up on an infomercial or something else.  She's a survivor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Those Little Steamers are great.  Bought another one, too.  

Respected Contributor

@Thebig I wrote:

This was a great product, cant believe how they did Joy, could have just refined her line instead.

I received a free one when I purchased her HH offer and it was the best little steamer for traveling and it worked. When HSN offered it again I purchased 2 of them for backup.

Joy is someone who, based on her history, will recover and bounce back. I sometimes compare her tenacity to that of Martha Stewart's...business women who have faced challenges in life (good and bad) and they didn't allow those challenges to  deter them from moving forward. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought Joy's Little Steamers years ago -- two in a set, a larger one and a travel size one.  They were both worthless junk!  Spouted out hot steam and water all over the place.  I actually got slightly scalded one time.  Perhaps mine were an anomaly, but both steamers?  I doubt it. 

It was years ago, perhaps 10 years, so maybe the manufacturing was not what it is today.  I never purchased anything from her ever again though, never saw anything I wanted to try. Even her famous hangers; I have some from a different brand and they are fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I plan on buying a backup when they have a free shipping day/coupon! I've bought several sets and my kids have stolen them- so I'm down to 1 steamer now. Great item!

To the poster who had issues; a couple years they did have some quirks, but Joy corrected that.. However you do need to use the steamer vertically to completely avoid the  spitting/splattering.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I had the same experience that you had, may have been in that same time frame also. I too, never bought anything else from her line.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I bought Joy's Little Steamers years ago -- two in a set, a larger one and a travel size one.  They were both worthless junk!  Spouted out hot steam and water all over the place.  I actually got slightly scalded one time.  Perhaps mine were an anomaly, but both steamers?  I doubt it. 

It was years ago, perhaps 10 years, so maybe the manufacturing was not what it is today.  I never purchased anything from her ever again though, never saw anything I wanted to try. Even her famous hangers; I have some from a different brand and they are fabulous.

I think I bought this same set and had the same results.

Honored Contributor

I bought another one too.  You don't know that they did anything to Joy.  You don't what happened or why.