Honored Contributor

Re: Bought a new mattress- question about sheets

Same experience... cannot help on the depth of the sheets. We were using fleece before (which stretch to kingdom come)... so they still fit but now were too hot.

Purchased LLBean 280 thread count pima percale (do not buy the "sunwashed percale sets" -- they make a "crinkling" sound) We absolutely LOVE the percale and they fit perfectly/wash like a dream/feel crispy-soft. This is our 2nd set. These sheets help give the top of the mattress more firmness...

May I add? LLB charges no shipping/handling. We returned the sunwashed and ordered the pima percale and were not charged anything for s/h because we also signed up for their cc....HTH

Oh, and because our new mattress is so much higher, my husband's foot is always in the tv picture, so we will need to elevate the tv!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I just bought 2 sets of sheets bamboo/cotton at The Company Store. Unfortunately, I spent full price on the first set .......$16.95 in shipping and then got the second set during a July 4th sale for 20% off and free shipping.

I had bought the organic sheets at Target, but read some bad reviews about them on Target.com after I got home and decided to return them.

Now I'm looking for additional pillow cases.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 lovestoteach said:

Same experience... cannot help on the depth of the sheets. We were using fleece before (which stretch to kingdom come)... so they still fit but now were too hot.

Purchased LLBean 280 thread count pima percale (do not buy the "sunwashed percale sets" -- they make a "crinkling" sound) We absolutely LOVE the percale and they fit perfectly/wash like a dream/feel crispy-soft. This is our 2nd set. These sheets help give the top of the mattress more firmness...

May I add? LLB charges no shipping/handling. We returned the sunwashed and ordered the pima percale and were not charged anything for s/h because we also signed up for their cc....HTH

Oh, and because our new mattress is so much higher, my husband's foot is always in the tv picture, so we will need to elevate the tv!

Cute story about your husband. And I love shopping at LL Bean- thanks.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

ha ha!!! Glad you can relate, GGH!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Right now Belk has 640 three count sheets that will fit up to an 18 inch mattress. Sale price is $49.95. Colors - pastel blue, pastel green, white, cream. Very nice sheets. Wrinkle resistant.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Perkup!

Contributor

If you are a member, Costco and Sam's Club is a good place to buy sheets.

Respected Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Check out Northern Nights. The ones I have has the deep pockets.

I agree. We have a pillow top mattress and use a featherbed.

The newer Northern Night sheets fit well. I bought 2 sets (different ones) of 1000TC, and they fit without the usual pulling away from the mattress.

They will tell you the measurements as well.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I only skimmed the other responses, but beware of any sheets at Q. They aren't generous at all in size, though they continue to tout that on the air.

I get the deepest sheets I've ever found at Sam's Club. They don't have a large selection of colors, and they are all solids, but the best sheets I've found in years. Very generous in size, but made to stay on the bed. The top sheets are long enough to tuck in as well, something not found often now. I've had several sets for a couple years now, and they wash and wear very well. Still look like new. Wrinkle resistant as well.

Honored Contributor

Our new bed is being delivered this morning and then it will be time to try out all of our current sheets to see if any of them work. I bought one new set last week and have ordered a set from Macy's which has been shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all your responses.